.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Getting To Know Me

I got this from Leesa's blog, be sure to check hers out too.


I AM: a human mass of contradictions eating a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream at midnight.
I WANT: more pets than I have room for.
I WISH: that both of my boys have their dreams come true.
I HATE: hatred.
I MISS: my mom every single day.
I FEAR: I refuse to give fear any place in my life.
I HEAR: the dryer running.
I WONDER: what my mom may have been like with proper medication.
I REGRET: shooting the maintenance man when I forgot he was scheduled to be in my apartment. Kidding. I regret nothing.
I AM NOT: a people person.
I DANCE: in the kitchen with my husband whether there is music playing or not.
I SING: no matter how many times I'm begged not to.
I CRY: quietly when I'm depressed.
I AM NOT ALWAYS: happy to have my family around me.
I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: fantasies come true. :)
I WRITE: what's in my heart and on my mind.
I CONFUSE: directions, world time, names and punctuation marks.
I NEED: forgiveness daily.
I SHOULD: LIVE every day of my life.
I START: a lot of books and a lot of projects.
I FINISH: a lot of books...
I TAG: every single person who reads this...LOL, kidding. No one, but would love to read it if you do it, so let me know.

19 Comments:

Blogger DZER said...

kathi: some insightful answers there ... I love how you dance with hubby, music or no. that is one of the sweetest things ever.

and I did this a few days back, if ya wanna scroll through the mess that is the Diatribe :)

5:10 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

I like the way you open up so much beter than the way I write. Thanks for the direction, I've not been around much lately, but I got caught up in dzerland. :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

A classic kathi...thanks.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: MRIs...I had one on my lumbar spine about a month ago and it took about 45 minutes. This next one for three hours is supposed to cover my entire spine and chest. Apparently they can vary a lot depending on which parts they are scanning. I am surprised the doctor didn't let you know how long it would be...

The 45 minute one wasn't too long...I amused myself with thoughts and by singing my son's favorite Wiggles songs in my head. The 3 hour one...well, I may have to amuse myself by memorizing an entire movie ahead of time and then reciting it word for word in my head...Just kidding. Hubby says I can amuse myself by making a list of all the things I want him to get done around the house ;)

7:14 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ Was that a distant relative to a slow witted compliment? Dang, you hated it, didn't you?

3 c's ~ As tired as I am, I'll probably sleep all the way through it.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

kathi...I am a slow witted compliment to near relatives...lol...no I liked it..so..I am:what I yam, love saying that. I want:more than I can handle. I wish: for world hunger to end, see my blog from a few days ago. I hate: nothing...not truly. I miss: the sound of my own importance. I hear: that I like to spread rumors, but don't quote me. I wonder: if Stevie made Marvin Gay or if he did that on his own. I regret: not having that extra bowl of ice cream at the buffet last night, that's about it. I am not: a people person...we have the same answer on that one. I dance: badly. I sing: worse. I cry: when I watch other people in pain. I am not always: as grateful as I should be. I make with my hands: I refuse to answer this on the grounds that people may laugh at me. I write: horribly, but like singing I enjoy it once in a while and have no plans on quitting. I confuse: nothing I don't want to. I need: some caffiene or barring that at least a kick in the ass. I should: nothing. Do not like to be told what to do, especially by myself. I start: a lot of inhales. I finish: a lot of exhales. I tag: no one as I thought it was illegal to paint people without them wanting it. (See Goldfinger for reference.)

8:12 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ and this, my dear friend, is why on occasion I simply adore you. :)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Thanks Kathi...

8:31 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Thanks Kathi...

8:31 AM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Hello Kathi! That was a nice read. Enjoy your weekend. :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

I'll do it later, gotta work a little today. ;)

I do love your answers! But, I always love what you write, so what's new?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You shot the maintenance man? ha! My sweet Kathi? Why I nevA!

9:50 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

johnnie ~ you're welcome
johnnie ~ you're welcome...by the way, for what?

stephen ~ thanks, and you too.

crystal ~ I feel the same way about you.

deb ~ awwww, sure you have hon!

1:55 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

Good to see you back! I must say for never meeting you in person, I missed you alot!

I will work on getting this on my blog ;~)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I liked your list, love, so I did it on my blog. Have a good one. (Or two.)

9:17 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Ahh..Kathi is back. :) Missed you..

Okay..maintenance man was FUNNY..and I love that you dance with no music with the Mr.

10:36 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ what a sweet thing to say, really, made my morning. Thank you.

sable ~ I checked yours last night, as yet again, yours was so great. Was just too tired to comment, will now though.

anne ~ don't you know I'm never away from you?? Even when I don't post, I'm always checking in on you!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

glad to see you back...I was getting worried that you'd stopped posting. I should have known better.

I loved your answers to these...I'll do it too but just not today.

I love that you fear nothing..that's awesome.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
» » »

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home