.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Nothing But A Thursday

I should give y'all an update on my 'injuries'. I'm really good. Can I express myself or what? :) No, really, I am good. My back is back in place with no pain and my arm feels so good that I'm thinking of canceling my Dr's appt. to review the MRI results. Probably won't, so don't go preaching to me, I just said I'm thinking about it. Anyway, I feel great and back to doing what I want and/or need to. So, thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

I should also clarify regarding the post I wrote yesterday about my first hubby and his family... I gave as good as I got. Don't forget that this marriage was pre-prozac years and I was a handful. Temper, Lord have mercy, what a temper I'm capable of. Mark can testify to that, lol. Mark had nearly 11 years of life with me pre-prozac himself and has probably earned himself some sort of sainthood for what he went through. So, I had a fierce temper, an addictive personality and was fluent in the language of lying. Just thought I should point this out so that I didn't come off with a 'mightier than Butch' attitude.

Now, on to more important things. My kids are nearly out of school for the summer. I should be working as much as possible the next week for some extra summer cash, but then on the other hand, it's the last week I have of alone time in the house for two months. What shall I do?

Charlie finally found a pair of shoes he liked yesterday. It was more or less a free day at school, so I picked him up early and we went shopping and had lunch. Now, both my boys are difficult shoe shoppers. Really. For one thing, Casey wears a size 14 / 15 , depending on the shoe, and when he finally finds a shoe he likes, they often don't have it in his size. Charlie is the same way, in that he's choosy about what he'll wear. He's in a size 12, so usually they have what he wants...if he could just find something he wanted. Trouble is, by the time he finds something, his shoes are mere rags hanging onto his feet by some rubber and shoe strings. Charlie has been looking for shoes now for 3 months. Yeah...3 months. So, finally getting some yesterday was pretty great, especially since it was something we could both agree on. They're pretty cool, gotta admit. High tops with black suede over the toe and shoe string area and the rest is red and white in the design of China's rising sun. Pretty cool. They're very...Charlie. God, I love my kids.

Okay, that's all I got. Enjoy your day. Hugs to all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I asbolutely hate shopping. But... I have to admit... I love shopping with my mother. She's like my little shopping assistant.

Your boys feet are LARGE! Holy crap!!!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Hubris said...

Cheers to feeling good! :D

Oh man. I read to what you were referring. That is some scary history. My failed marriage was just cuz the two of us were bullheaded not flat out dangerous.

thank you for sharing.

HH

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kathi, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling much better. Keep you head up! And for those kids or yours, wow they have huge feet, but so does Jason, my mom hates taking him shopping because like you said, they never have their shoe size, Jason is the same way, he has very big feet also! Tell the kids and Mark hello for me and big hugs for all.

XOXO
Abi

p.s. Jason and I took some pictures last weekend for Mother's Day. Oh crap....Happy Late Mother's Day!! I'm so sorry!! I've been sick for the last few weeks, and I know, I should have seen a doctor, but I hate doctors...long story short, I'm better and have Jason give you guys some pictures of us...xoxo

1:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also have a bad temper- but I just try to keep in under wraps.

Sounds like life is perfect now though! :)

3:01 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

you know i'm bigger than a ten... for years i couldn't find shit in my size unless it was doc martens or something

fortunately that's improving...

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home