.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Charlies First Mosh Pit

*Please read note at end of post...
The guys went to Edgefest on Sunday. There were about 20 rock bands (Seether, Frogger, Buck cherry...I've never heard of any of these, but all 3 of my guys were hyped to see them). Even though Mark got tickets the day they came out, I guess they had some lousy seats so Mark slipped someone some bucks and got 3 wristbands for the stage floor.
This is pretty much where Mark lost Charlie.
Mark called me around 8 p.m. and tries to casually ask if I've heard from Charlie. WHAT???
He called back about 40 minutes later to let me know that he'd found him, talked to him and instructed him to check back with him after every set.
Well, that's good for something, I suppose. I know, if it were me I'd have those little kiddie leashes on them. Embarrassing, but true.
So, Charlie got to finally be in his first mosh pit. He said that somehow, the crowd just sort of parted for him and he got to be in the very center of the first row behind the rope, nose to nose with security. "So cool, it was awesome". Yeah...I can remember enjoying that at a concert, and I probably was about his age. However, I remember what I was doing at that age...at the concerts...and so, I tend to worry. But, thank God, Charlie isn't me. A lot like me, but not me.
He said the security kept spraying him with water, as well as pouring water in his mouth. It was outside, in Texas summer heat, after all. He said he stood there, in the same spot, for three hours...until he had to go to the bathroom. When he came back, the crowd didn't part for him, again. LOL. He danced and head banged in the pit till he said some huge guy came up and sort of butted him and pushed him way too hard and he said that was it, he'd had enough. Found a good standing place and stayed.
Yeah, he said there were people getting high around him, and even though they were passing joints back and forth, no one offered him any. He said that he'd thought about what to say, in case they did, but they didn't. He said he was going to say "Naw, I don't smoke" and just passed it for them, but it never came to that.
Mark...what were you thinking?? I don't even want him passing it for someone, regardless if many years ago, it'd been me someone was passing it to...or for. Shut up.
But I'm proud of this kid. Charlie said that the singer of one band, Staind, stopped once and yelled at the crowd to quit pulling girls shirts up or off. Charlie said he gave a small lecture to how uncool that was and to stop it or he'd have security throw anyone they saw doing it out. He thought that was pretty cool that the guy did that, that he'd never seen anyone do that at a concert before, and he's been to a few (System of a Down, Rush...a few). So, I was proud of Charlie that he thought what the singer did was a good thing. I asked him if he saw any women flashing and he grinned and said, "I saw some stuff, Mom".
My boys, all growing up. They got home around midnight and Charlie said it was great. Charlie said he loved all the bands (they all said that) and he'll never, ever forget his first mosh pit.

Yeah, well, I'll never forget Mark calling me, asking if I've heard from Charlie...telling me not to worry, that if he were to end up in emergency that someone would surely call one of us. Besides, it was just a small crowd of say...30,000 people.

*Note: Casey just told me about the knot on the side of his head that he got in the mosh pit. He said he butted heads with the big guy that had made Charlie decide to stay out of the mosh pit. Casey, apparently, enjoyed the pit and got in it several times. Who in the world would ever had thought Casey... And, where was Mark??

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost got caught in the mosh pit. I just dont like the idea of allowing someone to beat me up as a form of dancing. I just dont get it. I still enjoyed the concert.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL thanks for the laugh! I'm glad the guys had a good time...one of my friends was there too and said she had a great time too!

Sorry I've been so busy and haven't blogged for a while...summer school is kickin my butt and we've been really busy at work. I don't have time for anything lately!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I used to date this guy way back when ...and he used to take me to these 'death rock band concerts'. They had a million kegs of beer (cups were $5 bucks and the cups with the LSD were $10) NOT to scare you or anything..EH-HEM!!!

Anyway, my boyfriend got severely hurt in the mosh pit tossing his long hair every which way. Some guy bashed him in the nose and left him with two black eyes.

Tell Charlie to BE CAREFUL! I hope to see him on the stage rather than in the pit.

Love y'all! <--notice I did it the southern way???

10:57 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Click here to see Kathi's son rock on his guitar on his blog! He's really good!

11:01 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

epsilonicus ~ I'm with you darlin, I'm with you.

nikki ~ yeah, well you just wait till you have your own, baby girl. Then it'll be my turn to laugh. :)
Yeah, I figured it was a busy summer for you. We love you.

deb ~ Charlie was telling me about a guy that blood all over his face. Yeah...good times. ??? And that's exactly what I worried about too, the spiked drinks...dear God. I dunno.
AND yes, you even spelled it correctly!! Honorary Texan, you are!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome, I'm glad Charlie stood up for himself, and you see Kathi, your kids know right from wrong, they dont have to be w/ you to know they arent screwing up like most kids. You did a good job raising them....now Mark...how funny is that asking if you have heard from Charlie. I never been to one of those things before but i've heard it does get a little crazy! Glad they had a fun time. And Casey did he enjoy it?

xoxo
abi

11:57 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

abi ~ I know, I know. And yeah, Casey had a GREAT time, he loved it!

12:12 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

aw kath your boys are growing up huh?

i love that you are the kind of parents that trust your kids and participate in the things they love. i wasn't even allowed to go and see WHAM!

:)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

My bro, Puff, got in a fight in a mosh pit once!!! at an Ugly Kid Joe concert. Dude behind him kept banging his head into him, so Puff turned around and hit him in the face as his head was banging forward...haha....

1:26 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

sass ~ yup, growing more each and every day...and I'm growing older each and every minute, lol.

johnnie ~ ouch!

1:29 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

Hi Ma, I am sorry that I haven't commented in a while but I have been keeping up on the reading.

I think that it shows a lot of love and trust in your children that you allow them to make memories like this! I KNOW they see that and it def reflects how well rounded and grounded your children are being raised. I held a grudge against my mom for a very long time for not letting me participate in normal growing up things; going to a football game was a argue match, playing a sport was out of the question and a rock concert FORGET IT! Charlie and Casey know they have a cool mom and you should be proud of the men you are raising.

I think it is tooo cute that Charlie was already thinking of an answer for passing on the grass. *proud* I checked out his blog and the vid, he is awesome! I love Metallica too. Funny how sometimes crowds just part and you get that awesome view/seat, it has happened to me a couple of times too. ;)

I love that Mark called you, he was probably SO nervous to call you, that took guts on his part, knowing you would freak out about your baby being temporarily lost. Can I say too that it is wonderful that he is also supportive of Charlie's love of music, so much so that he wanted to buy him a new guitar.

You have a wonderful family and I feel blessed to be able to read about it. :)

Oh and Hun let the scalp rest a little huh? That sounded painful! Maybe an oatmeal conditioning would be in order to help your scalp heal a little before you dye it again...even tho it will probably be in like a couple of days or so...I once did the opposite. I went blonde for like 2 1/2 days and then freaked out and dyed it back brown which of course turned orange so I redyed it.

Missed ya :)

Huneeb

11:05 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

Oh yeah...

Don't be too hard on Mark it is REALLY easy to get lost at things like this. Everyone is fine and made back home in one piece. :) Don't shorten his cream and sugar over it ;)

luvens

Hunb

11:14 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

um
wasn't there another post here for a minute?

damm i must be on crack... and as for the hair? love the pic but OUCHIES!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Wow...

2:16 AM  
Blogger BigBill said...

Sounds like the guys had a pretty good time. I know Mark must have felt some sort of nervousness when he couldnt locate Charlie, I get that way a little with Erin and letting her go at the mall or whatever. I guess thats why we love and hate cell phones.
Uhmm a suggetstion or should I say idea. This is to help save your scalp (not from indians either I know your in Texas but the West was won) Next time you go to lighten your hair color just leave a little bleach in the bowl and allow Mark to give you a swirly!! LOL

4:14 AM  
Blogger ell said...

i just don't get the mosh pit thing. my son had his nose broken in one. i'm glad your son came home in one piece.

7:11 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

nike ~ thanks, I liked that part too. :)

huneeb ~ there you are!!, fixin to file a missing blogger report.

sass ~ uhhhmmm, not that I know of, but I just write here.

stacey d ~ yup, my sentiments exactly

big bill ~ thinking you may want to keep your suggestions to yourself, smart ass. :)

ell ~ wow, yeah I'm glad they came back safe too.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! topamax fibromyalgia Rain rose free crest whitestrips new office teeth whitening kit Silent running on dangerous ground 1966 convertible gto pontiac sale designer handbag sale fixed up hondas Texas holdem straetgies Lapousette earring backs Venlafaxine prostate

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home