.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, June 19, 2006

Another Fine Mess...

*Please read note at end before commenting...some of you are such goofballs, LOL.
Friday I colored my hair...again. I wanted to go to a darker blonde...yeah, well...I want a lot of things.
I suppose since my hair is so light with all the coloring I do to keep it that way, it's very dense and the color just doesn't take right...and it came out like a mix between brown and grayish blonde. I know this is boring, but stay with me.
Mark and Charlie told me they liked it, I've been platinum blonde for so long (about 7 years) that it was gonna take some getting use to. I picked Casey up from his youth group getaway to Alabama around midnight that night, Friday. He told me right off he didn't like it. I said, well, I wasn't crazy about it either but that Mark and Charlie liked it and Casey tells me "They don't want to hurt your feelings, probably, but I'm telling you the truth".
Saturday, I thought maybe if I put the same color I'd used on Friday, on my hair again, maybe I could get it more like the color I was wanting. Mark came home from work Saturday afternoon to find me coloring my hair...again. He freaked out for just a few seconds and then decided it would be a good time to go work out. :)
Well, after it was done...it was a dark gray...with maybe a few shades of purple here and there. I washed it about 4 times and got some of the purplish hue out, and it may have been a tiny bit lighter, but still gray. Looked a lot like Quincy's fur, a cat I had a couple of years ago.
Okay, I'm really not happy, but Mark is telling me it's okay. That it's growing on him. My neighbor tells me that Mark and I match more now. Thanks Maclyn...appreciate that.
Well, after church today, Mark, Casey and Charlie went to a concert, The Edgefest, in Frisco. I couldn't stand leaving my hair this way, so...yes, I did. I colored it again.
I got a light blonde and colored it again. I know, three times in less than 48 hours. Sad thing is, this isn't the first time I've done this. In fact, it's probably closer to 1/2 a dozen times...conservatively guessing. I don't know how my hair doesn't fall out, but it never has. I started coloring my hair at 16, because I started graying at 16. Completely serious. So, perhaps my scalp is just use to it. Dunno. After leaving it on for the 30 minutes, the dark still wasn't coming out, so I left it on for additional 30 minutes. It was painful. It was about this time that I'm thinking "I truly am an idiot, this would be a good time for a picture". Even I can't follow my thought process.
You know how people put their pictures up on their blog and they go for the best look they can? Some do the make up, the hair...some just get naked. Well, a lot of people have asked me why I never put pictures up of myself. I am the most camera shy person in the world. Always have been and I doubt I'll ever change. But, if I were to ever put an accurate picture of the real me, it would be me doing something stupid and ridiculous, something totally in character...so, I decided to put a picture up of me going through my third attempt at coloring my hair. I don't do makeup unless I'm getting 'gussied' (lol, yeah I'm a Hoosier transplanted in Texas) so this, folks, is the real me. In a mess again:
In case you're wondering, it came out a lighter blondish gray color. Happy? No, but I'm not doing anything else till my scalp is completely healed. I know, I've said that before. :)

41 Comments:

Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

ha...you look ticked!!!! I say do what makes you happy!

12:59 PM  
Blogger ~ Amanda X&O said...

Why not go completely purple? :)

1:04 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

You do look kinda peeved. Love the doo. ;)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That is too funny!!! I can never use at home hair color because it always comes out red...no matter what color I use. And since I can't afford a salon to color my hair I just stick to the color God gave me... boring brown. :) So is the picture in your profile the real you?

1:05 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

johnnie ~ yup, mostly tired and in some pain. Just wish I were making myself happy. :)

Amanda ~ Not since I was in my early 20's have I done purple...on purpose. :)

crystal ~ yeah...smart ass

michelle ~ I keep my hair so short, and it grows so fast, that I'd have to go to the salon every two weeks. Not paying $200 a month for my hair. And, yeah, darlin...it's my picture.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Keasty said...

Have you ever shaved it off? That's scarey... but I did it once to raise money for a very worthy cause.
As they say KB, a change is as good as a holiday!

1:24 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

keasty ~ yes! I did shave it off once, not really that long ago. Charlie was in the 2nd grade. Mark came home, pulled up as I was taking the trash out and he just looked at me and drove on. LOL, drove around the block a couple times till he got his courage up. Took a LONG time to grow back out. Won't do that again.

hizzle, my sweet ~ Red is one color I've never tried. Been orange though, but not on purpose. :)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I actually just colored my hair the other night (home stuff) cause of my grays. I think you would look hot with the purple hair! ;) Grabbable? Who knows. I'll send Amy over. HA!!!!!!!

We're both having hair stories lately! Wanna go to my heroin addict hair stylist? I'll give you her number!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

P.S. Are you naked in that picture ????

1:47 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you doing that HNT stuff ???

1:48 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

HAPPY HNT! LOL!!!!










Okay okay I'm going .... stop pushing me.

1:48 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ you are the smartest dumb ass I know!! LOL, do you honestly think I'd ever get naked for a picture, for one on my blog anyway?? Tube top, darlin, tube top, what I always wear to color my hair. You goofball. I SOOOO want it back to it's platinum color... If I could just turn back 3 days!!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No comment from me just suprised it's taken this long for it to happen again!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Kathi, girl are you ever going to learn? I'm going grey too but no color in my hair, YET! It doesnt look bad, but I've always seen you w/ different colors in. Just stop putting dye in it so much. I wonder how it doesnt fall out. And are you naked?!?! LOL!

xoxo
Abi

3:36 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

KATYYYYYY ~ and I've been waiting on pin and needles for YOUR comment...pooh.

abi ~ get serious girl, you've known me most of your life. Do you think I'd post a pic naked??

4:47 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

You are too funny.
Thanks Kathy.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I should probably thank you, The only time that I didn't pay somone to color my hair was the time you helped me. From that time on my husband requested that I pay someone to color it. Since that day my husband has never once complained about how much it cost to have it colored. I believe that my hair had purple/red blotches all over the back of my head.
I think you should have taken pictures of all the stages including the stage where you are going to cut it all off into the sink. My favorite color that you created was when it ended up looking like a calico cat.

5:39 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

what a hair-raising tale!

and what's important is that you COULD be nekkid ... heh

and katy ... LMAO @ calico!

7:13 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

samuru999 ~ yup,that's me, lol.

katy ~ I don't ever remember coloring your hair, are you sure it was me? I don't know who else woulda been dumb enough to do it, but I don't remember doing it.
Yeah, and when I cut it about an inch long all over, the "calico" was really obvious.

7:20 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

dzer ~ yeah, you keep laughing darlin', you took the easy way out here. :)

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that hair die has soaked into your brain. Thats probably why you don't remember. By the way I think you should put this new (Naked picture) as your picture at the top of your blog page. You look like you are about to burst out laughing to me! If you change the picture you might get who knows what kind of readers!

7:43 PM  
Blogger coach said...

Go Mavs Go

7:51 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

katy ~ I'm not about to argue my poor memory with you, probably wouldn't remember what we were arguing about by the end of the fight anyway...BUT, putting the worst picture of me ever up as my profile pic is totally outta the question. And, yeah, it does look like I'm fixin to start laughing, doesn't it? Man, Katy...my scalp hurts sooooo bad.

7:56 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

coach ~ Thanks guy!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Hey lady..if you dont stop dying it we will be twinkies! :)

8:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude. Stop posting your naked pics.

Sheesh.

I kid!!! I kid!!!! :) :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger BigBill said...

Well at least you don't have to worry about unsitely back hair.... So you got that going for ya, Hey if you did have that problem and had to die all your hair purple you might have looked like Barney..
One more thing, If your gonna post suductive photos like that.... Well lets just say.. Lets see how can I put this.... Uhmm if it's all right with you .. uhmm can I pretend your naked? Hubba Hubba!!!

3:43 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

anne ~ couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather be a twinkie with. :) Love you.

Kellie ~ girl, just cause you're a newlywed doesn't excuse you for being absent!

bill ~ No, you can not pretend that. I'll discipline, if need be. :)

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no kathi i know you wouldnt post a pic of yourself naked, just giving you hard time, love ya

abi

7:56 AM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Kathi, are you naked? LOL

8:01 AM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Just had to join in on all the fun.

8:01 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

abi AND crystal ~ yeah, funny girls. Bend over, both of ya. lol, love ya both.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm slightly turned on by the fact that it "may" be a naked shot here Kathi.

I knew eventually you would get in the HNT line. Don't tell me you're not nekkid girl-----remember----you sent me the other half of that picture! *wink wink*

11:03 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

And...there was no tube top to be found on the other half of that picture. I guess it's true...everything is bigger in Texas! ( o ) ( o ) ......>WOW!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I think a darker color would look good on you.

11:16 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ whatever am I gonna do with you...and when will I learn not to ask you such questions?? LOL, girl, you are my best bud.

shawn ~ thanks, just wish my hair would take it. But even then, since I keep it so short, it would be too hard to keep it colored when it's dark...roots, ya know. :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

LOL, oh girl you are brave! I tried to dye my own hair once. NEVER AGAIN! I will stay my dark blonde thank you very much!

11:49 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

kidd ~ not so much brave, hon, as stupid.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Genna said...

This sounds so familiar. I don't really remember what my natural color is anymore. LOL.

Something like this happened to me and after repeating the process, I called the hotline on the hair color box. They helped me take steps to fix it.

Of course, I decided to remove ALL color from my hair and start over. I had ORANGE hair. I would not recommend it.

Love the pic. :o_

11:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I knew how to type the headshaking, heavy sigh expression I have. I don't know who scares me more, you, or Genna. Maybe Genna, since I'm marrying Orange Girl.

11:43 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

genna ~ I've had the orange, lol. It's that color when you try to strip the wrong color out of it, it turns orange and we panic and rinse it out too soon. The salon told me after doing that, again, that orange is one of the colors it goes through when stipping the color out. Too funny...love you girl.

sable ~ deal with it. LOL You and my hubby can form some sorta guy club.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home