.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, December 09, 2005

Update on 'Absent'

One day last week when Mark and I got up, around 5 a.m., I sat up and felt dizzy. Really dizzy. I got up to walk into the bathroom, and just couldn't. I started to tell Mark something was wrong, but couldn't get my mouth to say what my brain was thinking. I did manage to get out 'somethings wrong', but I couldn't tell him what. It felt like severe motion sickness with a severe speech disorder, lol.
This was bad for a couple of days, and then got better. It hasn't gone away, just has eased up to where I can function but my speech is still messed up. I finally went to the Dr. yesterday (Thursday). I hate going to the dr. Nothing against dr.s, but my mom always told us we were whining when we didn't feel good and that's stuck with me.
Anyway, my blood pressure, which has always been excellent, was 180is over 120ish. They put me on blood pressure meds and two meds for my dizziness, Altivert and Valium, which I take both three times a day. So, now instead of being dizzy (except for when the meds start to wear off) I'm just out of it. They both make me drowsy, so I'm constantly sleepy. But, at least I don't feel like I'm gonna throw up.
I go back Tuesday to have my bp tested again and I have to go see a neurologist and have an mri on my head. I would, however, like to wait for that till we get back from Colorado from our vacation. We'll see.
Anyway, wanted to let you know because I'm not making the rounds to everyones blogs as I'd like to. Still love y'all, just can't stay awake!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Joaquin Mattison said...

Hope ya feel better. There's been somethin' going around here too. That's why I drink my states crop, oranges. Drink a glass of pure, Florida orange!

10:39 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

feel better soon hon *hugs*

11:14 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh my. That sounds pretty serious. With a bp like that, you're lucky you didn't have a stroke ... or did you??? With a speech impedment -- it is not out of the question. Wishing you well very soon!!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Sweetie- will you STOP focusing on 'making rounds'---who gives a flying rat's ass--we care more about your health.

Please take care of yourself and make sure you take the medication that your doctor prescribes. It's so important to keep your blood pressure down.

Are you stressed out? Is this abnormal for you?

3:14 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

P.S. Try to steer clear from ANY salt. This includes soups and vegetable juices, like V8. Look at the labels to find out sodium content.

Now you have me worried about you.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, I hope it gets better soon. Keep me updated...love you

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uggh, out of it! I remember my doctor prescribed some meds several years ago and feeling out of it. I hated feeling 'loopy'.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Sending you lots of positive thoughts/energy. :-)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Take care of yourself. It's a short life, don't make it shorter by not listening to your doc.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Get better and take care.

10:00 PM  
Blogger BigBill said...

Sounds like you and Scott Stapp are on the same meds.... LOL I hope your feeling better!!!
Princess Valium!!!

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that about you, feel better, take care of yourself, and keep us updated. Tell you kids that they need to take care of you. You took care of them when they were sick.

xoxo
abi

8:39 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I hope you feel better. Don't put off taking any tests...that's not cool

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. celexa and withdrawal Vw air suspension Patent leather bondage Orlando accutane lawyer http://www.bartending-school-ohio.info/online_education.html Denon cartridge infiniti Booth pain relief Photo card printers http://www.zithromax-pfizer.info/usb_printer_switch_boxes.html 3dassociate degree Software deleted domains Computer graphics cards compare graphic card Hsa3500 alarm system remington blow dryers 2005 infiniti g35 coupe pic striped area rug

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Pete said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home