.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

What Was I Doing?

I hate that question...I ask it all the time. I'm in the middle of something...think of something else I need to do and I'm off. Then, I'm wondering 'what was I doing?' This is my day today, especially.

Mark should be home in about...4 hours? Yeah, with any luck he'll be running late. In the next 4 hours the boys and I need to pick up the house, all get our showers, get packed for our visit to Lubbock (mom-in-law) and I need to bake TWO chocolate pecan pies. Oh yeah, do any of you have a good recipe?? No, I did actually download one yesterday on-line to buy the ingredients with, so I do have that. So, all I really need is prayer...because as all those who know me, I'm not the family cook here. In fact, I come in just after Charlie, who's behind Casey, who follows our main cook (and well deserved, because the guy is just fantastic in the kitchen) Mark. Just shut up, those of you who are doing the math, yes, that puts me at last. So?? So you see why the prayers and good wishes are needed. Did I mention FOUR hours to get all of this done. Yeah, I've got to get my butt in gear... Okay, so what was I doing??

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're amazing. You're such a w.o.m.a.n. Work, house, kids, and blog...how do you do it all?? You deserve thanks from everyone in your family, I hope they appreciate what they have in you. They are really blessed to have a wife, mother, friend and all around wonderful person like you.
Thanks for being YOU!

Sincerely,
kathi *COUGH* I mean ANONYMOUS
(pay no attention to the person behind the curtian)

10:06 AM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

I hope you got everything done!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KATHI
just be patient with your self and everything will fall into place. i know you can do it, atleast you have been for the last 10-12 years that ive known you. Cook? naw i dont think the kitchen is you best place, just leave it to Mark, and he'll figure something out.

Abi

10:41 AM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

Good luck on the pies. They will taste fantastic!!!

11:36 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

hapee ~ thanks! Looking good so far.

abi ~ you little smarta**, LOL. Yeah, you know me. You love me!!

gp ~ Hey sweetie? How ya doin today? I'm hoping they'll be good, I did one for the boys doubling up on the choc. chips with out any pecans (they don't 'do' pecans) and I kinda doubled up on everything in ours, LOL. I'll let you know. I have a really hard time following directions...I look at them more as suggestions !

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes kathi, you know i love you. shh..hey did you get the pics that i sent you by the way?

~abi~

11:51 AM  
Blogger BigBill said...

D.D.D.Did you say Chocolate pecan pie?? Chocolate!! Oh man!!!!
I love pecan pie alone but with chocolate? that's like oral sex WITH whip cream!! The best of both worlds!!!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, I always forget things too. I'll be watching a show on tv and when commercials come on, I forget what I was watching. Ezel will come in and ask what I'm watching...I have to hit info on the remote to see what it is.

Just don't stress out, and if all else fails, just buy a damn pie!

I have to pack tonight and get things ready to go to San Antonio...good luck! Love ya :)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Everything will just fall together--it always happens that way. I've been preparing all day actually---and then tomorrow cooking half my dinner, and Thursday morning---I'll be cooking till 7am.

One day at a time, and just enjoy it---cooking is meant to be enjoyed.

5:23 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

yikes! procrastinator!! LOL

have a great thanksgiving in Lubbock, darlin' ...

5:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Best recipe ever:

1. Go to bakery
2. Buy desert.

See how easy that was?

8:48 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

Good luck..and have a great Thanksgiving!!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Happy Thanksgiving.!

I thought I was bad with procrastination. hehehe!!!!

Now, why do you have to go and add chocolate to pecan pie? Are you one of those choco-holics?

7:47 AM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Hope all is well. I hope you, Mark and Charlie don't get to full.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Joaquin Mattison said...

Have a great Thanksgivin'. I got a great Sweet Potatoe Casserole recipe on my blog if ya want it.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Where, where, are you tonight? Why did you leave me here all alone? I searched the world over and I thought I'd found true love, but YOU met another and phftt - you were gon'."

7:20 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Mhmmm...the chocolate pecan pie sounds delicious. Hope you had a great holiday anyway...

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home