.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, October 21, 2005

...and life goes on

Karma came back to bite me in the butt. Earlier this week when I was subbing for French, I said that at least it wasn't Spanish. Well, guess where I've been? Just for your information, it was a completely right on assumption. Classes in French are much more enjoyable, from a sub's point of view, than Spanish. I was just telling blackops that the majority of kids in French classes are there because they really want to learn French. The majority of kids in Spanish classes are there because they have to take a language and this one will be the easiest for them. (Again, note: I'm in Texas) Yesterday I had 7 classes with no fewer than 30 kids and no more than 35 wild, outta control, unruly 15~16 year olds. I'm there again today, same classes. Good wishes appreciated.
Night before last, Terri (my friend and neighbor) and I sort of re-did my back yard. (Go ahead and laugh Katy) I'd torn up the deck earlier this year (May) with my son Charlie, which left my husband not really speaking to me for awhile. This isn't a rarity (see post about my kitten, Trouble). Anyway, since that time, I've planted grass seed. I've put down grass plugs, and I've re-sodded. Nothing...but dirt. So, several years ago, I'd laid down some stone where we'd had problems with mud around the deck. We have always had at least 2 dogs at a time, so mud isn't fun for my house. Terri and I pried up all that stone and re-arranged it where the deck use to be and put down concrete blocks (that use to hold the foundation for the deck) as a path to Mark's grilling area. Then we re-arranged all my outdoor furniture and chimenea on the stone. I love it! Our backs were sore and we were very sweaty, but we were playing Al Green full blast for the entire neighborhood to enjoy (yeah, I'm thoughtful that way) and we had a ball. I love Terri. Now I'd like a few more stones and some mulch, and I'll be good.
While Terri and I were having our yard party, Mark was working out in the 'weight room' with his new trainer, Laurie. I really liked her. She's a friend from his work who has agreed to help Mark build up his biceps. Mark works out daily and rides his bike for about an hour a day and plays hackey sack. Very disciplined. I should also update y'all that at his weekly check up for his hepatitis C treatment, his liver enzymes showed improvement. Very good news. He's not having trouble with the side effects much anymore, thankfully. He said at his last check up, there were others going through the same treatment that were not doing so well. One is in a wheel chair now and others are developing sores and etc. He feels so bad for them, we're very thankful that he is responding so well.
Okay, on a completely related side note: I love my family very much. I'm so grateful for having such a wonderful husband and the sweetest kids in the world. I love all my guys and I realize how blessed I am to have the life I do.
Hug's to all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I vacillate between wanting to learn Italian or Spanish again.

Gratz on the yard work. Wish I had a yard I could call my own to work in/on.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hi Kath!

I agree with you about the French and Spanish course. My girlfriend is Spanish and I try to learn from her---because her entire family speaks Spanish, however, I just can't get the hang of it. Do you speak it fluently? I wish I could just 'get it'---and after living with someone for over 7 yrs who is fluent in that language, you'd think I'd pick up more than, "Hello how are you" "Much gusto, yo hable espanol un poquito"...etc.... help!!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear that your son is doing better. May I ask how he contracted Hep C? My friend has it, and she got it from getting a tattoo from a friend who did it in her basement. Dirty needle.

Anyway, you are very fortunate to have such a strong-knit family.

I missed ya! :)

9:41 AM  
Blogger Clay said...

glad your son is doing better -- i know someone who has Hep C and it can be tough

1:40 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

I could never...ever...be a substitute teacher..or real teacher for that matter. I have tons of repsect for teachers.

Good to read about your son getting better.

4:34 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Deb ~ HONEY...welcome home! How was the trip? Gonna head over your way to see if you've posted anything yet. Love ya!
p.s. Marks my hubby hon.

Cane ~ Thanks for the good wishes. Marks not my son, though, he's my husband. Are you and Deb related?

Jan ~ Didn't recognize you at first. I love subbing (especially the choosing when I want to work). Btw, Mark is my husband, not my son. You, Deb and Cane...okay, gonna go back and read to see if I called Mark my son by mistake.
Hugs sweetie!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home