.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Day Of Rest

Charlie and I decided to do a movie since Mark and Casey were at the Cowboys/Giants game. Charlie said he wanted to see Waiting, and since I didn't care about anything out, I said 'sure'. I got on line to check out the times and reviews. Hmmmmm, really bad reviews. And, as is the norm, I couldn't have agreed less. I liked it very much. Charlie and I were the only two people in the theater, and I laughed pretty much all the way through it.
It's about waiting tables and restaurant work. I bartended and waited tables for about 10 years (off and on) and loved it 99% of the time. So, this movie hit home with me. Not all of it, it was a movie after all. But a lot of it. It was a bit raunchy in areas, so beware. :)
After the movie we stopped by Subway. We've had a good day. I do love my Charlie.
Mark called, and they are on their way home. First pro football game for Casey, and it was a good one. Cowboys won in overtime. Go Cowboys!
A good Sunday is being had by one and all in the Bratcher family.
Hugs

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I don't know how you did it for that long. I waited tables for a short time - a VERY short time. I thought it was just awful.

6:11 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

wendy ~ I loved it, though I'd have nightmares about my station consisting of mile long picnic tables and every end yelling for me. LOL. Fortunately people yelling at me never bothers me. :)

chrissie ~ yeah, I love spending time with my guys, they're my best friends! Hope it always stays that way (yeah, right).

7:36 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

omg...not sure I can go watch a movie about something I do at work for a living...lol

I use to work for subway...in management for 18 years with them. Finally left that to work in full serve restaurant work. Still not sure why...I hate food...lol

11:32 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

jan ~ too funny. And I don't like people, but I loved bartending and waiting tables. It was the attitude I got to give, I gues.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Never heard of Waiting. Is it an art film?

2:54 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Doubt it, saw it in a Cinemark theater. But, it's a low budget film. Had Ryan Reynolds and Dane Cook in it. I'd never heard of it either, Charlie had because he's a fan of Cook's.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home