.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bitter End

(This is for my sweet friend Deb, who has a lingering love that won't quite let go.)

It's much different now than it was before,
even though I know I still love you.
I find I must keep it from showing
each time I painfully confront you.

No longer can I reach for the hand
that once would draw me near.
Your kiss that once lived upon my cheek
has been replaced by lonely tears.

The special places we claimed as ours
have seemed to have lost their value.
Those funny little greetings that once meant so much
have been replaced by a simple 'how are you?'.

The songs that once filled me with love and warmth
now only make me feel sad and lonely.
Your eyes that once caressed me with your love
no longer seem to know me.

There's no where to hide from our final truth,
so good bye my love, my dear sweet friend.
The love that taught my heart to live
has come now to a bitter end.

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

This was absolutely beautiful-----thank you.

10:50 PM  
Blogger The Seeker said...

Been there... Thanks for visiting... hope you enjoy the rest of my blog as well...

11:41 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ thank you so much, I just hope it does even a small bit of justice to what you're feeling.

tracie ~ thank you, and thank you for posting again...finally!

seeker ~ I think I'm in love darlin.

12:16 AM  
Blogger BigBill said...

Wow! Somebody get the BIG GUY a tissue. That was a very nice poem and well put. I have to go blow my nose now thanks.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the lucky recipient?

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home