.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Barely Awake

I was up rather late (for me lately) last night talking on the phone with a friend of mine. After the phone call, I couldn't get my mind to turn off and I was up most of the night. I'm hoping to get an early night in tonight and catch up on some sleep. I don't function well when I'm tired and grumpy. The boys have teen church tonight, so I'll have the night alone and I plan on using it with my head on my pillow.

I bought a couple of new couches last week, and the delivery guy was a real jerk. Seriously, lazy and obnoxious. Now, I can take (and often enjoy) sarcasm, but you put together someone not wanting to do their job and taking it out on me...well, just doesn't sit well with me. First he told me that the couches wouldn't fit through my door, they did. Then he told me my entry way ceiling was too low, it wasn't. On and on... They did, however have to take them through the side gate and through the back door because of a T wall I have between the kitchen and living room, and then, I had to insist that he try the back door because he was convinced it would be too small in width. They fit in with no problems. Well, one of the couches legs hardware messed up and he lost it inside the couch and wanted to take the couch apart and asked if I had a staple gun so he could put it back together. Uh, no. So, he put the leg under the couch where it was suppose to go and wrote a note that I needed a new one asap on the receipt. When I took it into the store, as this delivery guy told me to do, they told me that was ridiculous, it was new and had a life time warranty, so they'd have the couch picked up and replaced. Today is the day and, yes, it's going to be the same delivery guy. He called me at 7 this morning asking why I was having the whole couch replaced for one leg. I explained what the store manager had told me and then the delivery guy is all huffy and said he'd be here between 2 and 6 today. So, yeah, I'm waiting anxiously.

Well, the delivery guys just left and he did everything but kiss my butt. Either the last time was a bad day, or the store manager I talked to about his last delivery had a talk with him.

So, now I have about an hour before Charlie gets home so I'm off to call my friend Lisa (who is recovering nicely from a small setback in health and could use your prayers, thank you very much) and take a nap. Who am I kidding, it's been a few days since we've talked, and whenever I talk to Lisa the phone becomes attached to my ear. Now, this is a person who has a handle on sarcasm!

19 Comments:

Blogger ~ Amanda X&O said...

I should probably get a new couch.


Who am I kidding, the kids and the pets would destroy it just like they have the one I have now.


Hopefully yours will last a lot longer than mine did.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need new furniture badly, ok not badly but I want new stuff. I would of made that guy take his couch back and have a different delivery guy come back. But thats just me. Well hope everything is well at the Brather house, love you guys, and keep in touch.

xoxo

Abi

3:41 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

New furniture is always nice. Im glad he had to come back and replace it. He should have known better. Hope you have a nice talk with your friend and a nice nap!

4:17 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

My old ones were about 7 years old and cost about $200 apiece then...they weren't really worth the time for my animals to tear up. :) I've got 3 dogs and 4 cats...they're all couch animals.

abi ~ hon...I needed new furninture. Desperately.

anne ~ Had a great time talking to Lisa, she makes my sides hurt from laughing so much, no nap yet though...dang that Lisa, LOL.
We were talking about the time you walked in and your aunt was reading the cataloge you got Smith from...lot's of laughs from that too.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Gosh, I could use a nap too Kathi!
I hardly got any sleep last night
either... and feel like a zombie
right now!
Hope you get a nap and have good
conversation with Lisa!
New furniture is always nice..
I could use a new couch too... as
my cat has turned mine into one hairy mess!
I will keep lisa in my prayers!
Take care!

7:43 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

samuru999 ~ yeah, well, I could have used a nap too, lol...but when I get on the phone with Lisa, we just go on and on and on...

9:50 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

The delivery person was just lazy and didn't want to do his job....I am seeing alot of this apathy toward trying to do what is expected. Too lazy to try but cry when they are terminated. Hope you had a chance to rest...

11:56 PM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Exactly Rose....

Trust me, Kathi...your delivery guy wasn't special. They all look for the quickest excuse to get out of work. And after he left your house, he went and found a parking spot, sat on his butt, ate a donut or two, called his dispatch and told them he was running late in your house and then he took a nap!

7:56 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

New sofa huh? Sounds like you'd have a place for me to sleep if I ever get down that way.

2:10 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

good job with the whole new couch by the way :)

and i'm sorry i've been away but i'm back now and slowly catching up.

2:15 PM  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

i feel you on the sleep thing. i haven't been getting too much of it lately. hopefully this weekend. better yet, hopefully i manage my time more wisely.

as for delivery man, i ditto pretty much what everyone else said. his change is disposition was probably because he got chewed out.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

hmmmmmm...... I'm thinking there's a smart ass reply needed here, but I'm fresh out of sarcasm.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Two lazy ass devilery men---I think I dealt with the same guys. They told me that my couch would NEVER fit up the stairs....it did. They said it would never fit through the threshold of the living room....it did. Aren't they professionals???? Shouldn't they know these things?

I hope Lisa is recovering nicely. She's always in our prayers!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Delivery guys...harrumph. Manual labor is a bitch, but it's a paycheck. He should have been nicer the first time. Glad to see you have your couch problem straightened out. My ex agreed to the uncontested divorce, (supervised visitation, she gets no crack at my pension) so I will be filing next week. 6 months and it's all over. Want to make a bet to see who gets done faster? Call me sometime, the last one to call was me.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, i'd just tell him to take his stuff and get the hell out - i mean what is happening to the service industry

It's nice that your kids are religious, I It is indeed very important.

I love churches, even though its not my religion when I used to live in India I used to go every Thursday

Missed you a lot and I hope everything is ok with you

cheers

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes me wonder why people cant just be nice in the first place. Things seem to run soooo much better for EVERYONE involved.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Dizzie said...

There's difference between sarcasm and sarcasm - you ought to balance on the border between funny and asshole, and not balance on the wrong side of it, like the delivery guy was... *sigh*

This world is filled with people that are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*high five* I can NOT stand those who are bitter and aim to take down others around them. Man, that boils my blood....

7:37 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I'm glad someone put that azzmunch delivery man in his place. He should have literally licked your boots!

Now, lie on the couch and relax :)

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home