.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

There is comfort outside the zone.

Sometimes when life is changing, it can be exciting with the challenge of the unknown before us.
Most of the past 20 some years, I'd never have thought I'd be where I am today...in many areas, I suppose, but specifically divorcing with two teenage kids. However I got here, I'm honestly okay with it. Every day I'm finding parts of myself that had somehow gotten lost in whom I'd become. Not that I didn't appreciate the person I'd become, because that person had raised two great young men and had worshiped God with a thankful heart, but there were bits and pieces of a person that had once had her own dreams and inspirations that got lost along the way. I'm finding that person again, and it's a good experience for me.
Our house has a lot of laughter, and it's a good feeling. The boys and I talk openly about things and I'm thankful that they trust me with their hearts. I've changed, the home has changed and our lives have changed...but we are still trusting God with all things and I'm sure that has a lot to do with how we've not let fear steal our joy.

I'm not trying to say that I didn't enjoy my past 20 years with Mark, but I'm saying that I'm not unhappy that life has taken a different direction, and that at this point in time, I'm enjoying where life is taking me now. I was, without a doubt, comfortable with where I was...where we were, but there is another whole life outside that comfort zone I was in and I'm finding my own way in it, and finding a bit of myself that had gotten lost along the way.

15 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

Are you a leper? Finding pieces of yourself cannot be good for you.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

It just amazes me how good you sound. You make me want to kick myself in the arse sometimes.

Im so glad that you and the boys are doing so good.

8:34 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

Glad to hear things are going ok for you and the boys.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Having a house full of laughter is WONDERFUL !
So happy to hear things are going
ok!
Take care!
Blessings!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

can't wait to see you realize some those dreams of yours as you rediscover you.

you guys keep laughing and keep smiling.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats the way it should be, laughing, smiling and talking to each other, like any other day, yes it is different without Mark, but doesnt mean you guys can enjoy your life day by day. Maybe god has something planned for you, maybe it was meant to be. My prayers are with you guys today, tomorrow and forever.

xoxo
Abi

7:52 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

You make me smile. I am so glad you are looking for the positive in all the changes taking place. Most people would dwell on their loss and stagnate. I love it that you are growing in so many ways. BIG HUGZ to you, kathi :)

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In many areas of life getting out of the comfort zone can be a good thing.

8:43 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

Causually me always cracks me up...

Glad to hear you are doing so well Kathi... It's amazing how you can react to life when God is in your corner!

9:53 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

*big hugs*

10:00 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

This post made me so happy. ((hug)) I'm glad to hear that you are feeling good about where you and your little family are right now.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I love the way you look at life. I wish I had the outlook you have. God bless sweetie!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

This is a great post, Kathi :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

"Courage is not fearlessness, Courage is going on despite the fear"

Read that in a book once, held onto the idea of it.

I am glad to hear that there is open air, loving hearts and laughter to fill your home.

Best wishes on more to come.

lots of luv
HB

9:24 PM  
Blogger BigBill said...

All things happen for a reason.. Ride the wave of life or you will find yourself beneath it!!
Surf's up kathi!!!
Enjoy the ride

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home