.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, October 03, 2005

Fall Break

It's fall break, no school, no schedules, no getting up early so there are later curfews...
Yeah, we wish. Oh yeah, it's fall break, however Casey still has football practice every day from 9 ~ 2. So, he needs to be up by 8 a.m., but at least he drives himself.
Charlie has a wrestling clinic from 4:30 ~ 9. It's only for Monday and Tuesday. The boys have 'teen' church on Wednesday evening.
That gives us, maybe, a couple of hours 'together' through the week until Friday, when both the boys are free. The State Fair of Texas is going this week, so that's an option for Friday.
I guess the days of vacations during school breaks are gone. There are always the Perfomance Courses (sport clinics) that go through the entire summer. Mark's busy time is through the summer anyway, so we can never go on our 'family' vacations through the summers, but the boys and I try to get away for a few days at a time when possible.
Football always has mandatory practice during breaks until football season is over. This is our first year with a kid in wrestling, and wrestling will be during our winter break.
This puts a real cramp in our family vacations. Yeah, it's cheaper...but I still miss them. Guess it's just a sign of things to come. Casey will be a senior next year, then off to college in `07. Charlie graduates in `09. How did this happen, where did the time go? I remember a time when my 'empty nest' couldn't happen soon enough. Yes, I remember...because it was last night.

10 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Newt said...

Busy,busy,busy, Your post reminds me of a quote by John Lenon " life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans." Thanks so much for your recent visit and for the blog roll, very kind of you. I've been meaning to add one to my blog soon. really like your photo blog, lovely stuff.

8:46 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

johnny ~ if I made it sound busy, I must've overstated, because it doesn't seem busy. Or, maybe I'm just use to it. :)
I do enjoy your writing very much, I'm glad to recommend it. Thanks for the kind words on my photo's. Appreciate it.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Time goes by quicker than we realize. Cherish the moments while you still have your kids at home.

Like if I even know!

BUT---- it is true. I see my nephew and neices growing up right before my eyes, and it's so weird that it feels like only yesterday when I was holding them, when they were first born.

:)

2:45 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

You're lucky you have a nest. I've got nothing.

2:59 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Steve ~ you've got a wife, hon.

3:09 PM  
Blogger BigBill said...

Yeah we are lucky being able to go to my folks cottage on the weekends. In the summer we hit the pontoon and tube and fish and in the Winter we ski. Well at least my daughter and I do. (ski). So we have a chance to get away. My 21 year old daughter comes with us once in a great while. Grab any moment that presents itself! Thats what I say. In fact this weekend I have to go and pull the pontoon off the lake for the year. It's only an hour and a-half drive from our house so it's cool. We can pack and go. so next time you get a chance like this Friday take it for what its worth!!

3:50 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

heather ~ darlin, you're such a saint. I've always enjoyed my kids the older they get.

bill ~ can we go too?

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always big in Texas, and it's always football. The sterotype is alive! :)

This might not mean anything, but even though I'm in MD, I am a Cowboys fan.

Go Dallas

9:45 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Wes ~ didn't know you were a fan of `da boys! Cool.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! mercedes minivan Wellbutrin and smiking cessation dishwasher repair bosch sms 2012 repair mainual house rental redmond washington http://www.toyota-hybrid-minivan.info/Mercedesml320specifications.html http://www.finasteride-and-mesotherapy.info/Mesotherapy-course-in-france-physicians.html Spa hair removal los angeles ca crash test results + mercedes benz best mercedes benz color Western golf carts Butalbital cheapest price

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home