.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Let's Review the Greats

Okay, I've been negligent in posting anything lately. In all fairness, I was down with some bug for a bit, but the last couple of days I've just been reading other bloggers posts. I can't help it, I love reading some of my favorite people. I do have a variety of bloggers that I enjoy, they differ in politics, religion...you name it. But they make me think of views I hadn't, and they give me directions to find information that I hadn't found on my own. I'm not a fan of the media lately. Here is an example of why. I appreciate all the time it takes for many bloggers to not only write but to also 'report'.
I'm also extremely jealous of many bloggers. First, because of their talent and intelligence. Secondly, because of their bravery to say (write) what they want to and what they believe in. There are many times I'll start a post only to delete all of it because I'll remember that I have family and students that visit my blog.
So with all this said, I want to introduce y'all to my favorite blogs:
Lance - a political writer serving his country proudly in Iraq. Lance writes about all of the current issues with special focus on Iraq.
John - a fellow Texan that is currently serving in Iraq. I appreciate these soldiers taking the time to let us see through their eyes (and not the media's) what is happening in Iraq.
Timmy - hmmmmm. Timmy has the most dry and often warped sense of humor (which I appreciate) and can blend it with a blog of heartfelt conviction. I love this guy. * Warning - if you're not of a legal age or can't recognize humor or sarcasm when your reading it...stay far away from Timmy.
Eddie - a very intelligent guy that doesn't shy away from the uncomfortable issues. He also has some great finance blogs you can get to from this page.
Romey - a guy of many faces. Funny, sensitive and creative. From poetry to humor...he never fails to keep my attention in his blogs.
Blackops - a guy that can really tell a story. I especially like the one about his cousin Manny. Find it on his home page.
Wes - another great writer that combines humor with today's current events. He gives links to all his headlines, which he'll have several every day. Everything from the daily social, political, financial, sports and pop culture news. I enjoy the comment section on his blog nearly as much as his posts.
Thunder 6 - another great writer serving in Iraq. He isn't a writer by trade, in fact I believe he is employed by the government (other than his deployment). But I hope that when he returns home he'll continue to write. I'd definitely buy anything he writes.

There you go, my favorites. There are many more I make a point of reading daily, but I hope you'll take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with some of these GREATS.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

those are some pretty great blogs. very cool.

1:35 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Thanks, HC. I'm a big fan of your blog.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you got some great blogs there that I have to find time to check out. Thanks for sharing them as well as your thoughts.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and thanks for those kind words as well :)

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the promo sista! You have now been inducted into my hall of fame linkage....

9:51 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

ill have to check out those blogs -- oh you asked on my blog some fiona songs to check out - here are some start with:

Fast As You Can, The First Taste, Paperbag, and Red, Red, Red

8:57 AM  
Blogger Timmy said...

Thanks for the mention.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home