.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Today's Quote 09/17/05


Gold Star families
A very good read:
Most Gold Star families do not seek such a spotlight. Their existence is a quiet, day-to-day struggle of surviving personally and honoring publicly what their loved ones believed and were willing to die for.
It's not about agreeing with the war and the president. It's about sticking by the decision of your children, respecting their idealism and cherishing their heroics. And yes, there have been heroics in Iraq and Afghanistan. The good being done by our men and women has fed their idealism. There is nothing like bringing liberty to another people. That good must not be lost.
Our military and their families should be the most admired of our citizens. Besides the sacrifice in war, our military members have been the heroes of New Orleans — restoring law and order and rescuing people. Our military and their families are the most compassionate and competent of America's servants.
America has a long history of spreading liberty. If that is lost we will cease to be who we think we are.
Posted by Lance Frizzell at
04:31 AM

6 Comments:

Blogger devildog6771 said...

As a veteran with four veteran brothers and sisters, a dad who was decorated in WWII and a beloved nephew who died in Kuwait in this war, thank you.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How easy is it to forget such things--I see the media trys to paint a completely different picture. cool

12:30 PM  
Blogger PackerPundit said...

hey kathi... thanks 4 ur comments on my page today :-)

romey

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I love meeting intelligent bloggers with excellent points of view as well as tastes.... rock on!!!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Red-Stapler.com said...

Hey Kathi, I came in from Romeo's blog, just checking ppl out.

Being a world traveller I've found that democracy and liberty (again as it exists in the US) can be difficult to integrate with different societies. Mostly because of historical mores and customs. Democracy simply doesn't work in most of the Arab world because the concept is contrary to Islamic law.

Freedom and liberty must be embraced by the people who want it. It can't be forced on those who don't.

By the way, you have a very unique blog design. Reminds me of classic parchment. Very cool.

12:53 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Thanks for the visit, Ed.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home