.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday Night

It's a Friday night and Casey took off for the football game, Mark took off for wherever he goes on his bike to play hackey sack with himself and Charlie and I decided we didn't want to stay home, so we went to the movies together. It was really nice. I can't remember the last time I went to a movie on a Friday night. Or a Saturday night either. It was so crowded and the computers all went down at the theater as we got in line to get tickets (a Cinemark Theater), so there was about 35 minutes where there were 6 lines out to the parking lot and no one selling tickets. Even the concession stands inside were down. But, it was still fun. I guess because I was out on a Friday night. We went to see 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose'. Let's see....what can I say? Wow. I'd read about it, and knew pretty much what had happened to the real 'Emily Rose', so I didn't think I'd care that much for it. But, it was pretty good. The cast was good and the girl that played Emily, again...wow. There were a lot of teenagers in the theater, and probably after having to wait for an extra 40 - 45 minutes for the movie...were pretty wound up. They laughed and yelled and cussed the entire time. I'm pretty good about being able to focus through anything...but there got to be shouting matches across the theater several times. But, I still enjoyed it. I thought it was much scarier than 'The Exorcist'. Whatever, it was good to be out on a Friday night.
I subbed today for freshman computer classes and I had...maybe 6 kids from LA. Maybe more. It was amazing how upbeat these kids were. They've all been in school here now for 2 - 3 days. I heard a couple of heartbreaking stories. Homes they'd grown up in...gone. A girls stuffed animals she'd had since she was little, all gone. However, mostly what I heard was how much help they'd recieved. People giving them school supplies, new clothes, even hair cuts. Seems no-one will take their money...and they just couldn't get over how nice people who didn't know them were being to them. The grocery stores will give them groceries with proof of residence (from La or MS). One kid was telling me how much it meant to him to be able to play in the football game on Thursday. He said he'd been on varsity at home in his parish, and he'd only been here 2 days, but they let him play. God bless those coaches. Sometimes people are simply amazing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad you got to out and have some fun, I guess its been a while. Doesnt everyone love the Substitute Teacher, its almost like a day off in school.

6:34 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

blackops:
Thanks, me too! It has been a while, oh well. And the attitude about having a 'day off' when there's a sub...yup, true. Good times.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! adderall 20mg picture Adderall for adult bextra florida recall Data recover tucson http://www.insurancesettlement0.info Laser surgery for anal fissures customs bond & six years drug abuse testing program and adderall prescription

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home