.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My Take On Things

I've spent a lot of time today reading blogs, and some that I've enjoyed in the past have gotten so hostile and abusive without any positive spin whatsoever, that I've had to remove them from my favorites. Which saddens me, because the talent out there is amazing and I am so envious of much of it. I understand anger, trust me. Brought up by an abusive mother that was either in a drunken slumber or beating the crap out of me and calling me names I didn't deserve (yet), and a dad that lived where he worked and didn't seem to notice the bruises or welts on us when he did come home, put anger and myself on a first name basis. But when I was older, I forgave them and I loved them...because I chose to.
Someday I'll do a blog on my past (okay, several...a series, whatever) but right now, what I'm talking about is that anger without direction is crippling.
I can use my anger and disgust with child abuse by counseling the abused and by exposing the abuser.
I can use my anger and disgust at Saddam Hussein by sending aid to those who defeated him and to those whom he wronged.
I chose to not let the anger that fested inside me cripple me emotionally and chose, instead, to direct it in a way that would be beneficial, not only to myself, but to others. This, I believe, gave me back the control that was taken away from me.
Spewing hate, insults, and obscenities does nothing but rally like minded into a frenzy. This is sad, because so many doing the 'spewing' have so much talent that if they directed it in a positive way, one can only imagine the impact they would have.

3 Comments:

Blogger kathi said...

Anon: Thanks, and it's a free bloggin' world out there...write away.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting commentary K....I'll be back

9:50 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

blackops: Interesting,huh?

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home