.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Nothing but a bad day

I'm going to do some complaining in this entry...so just a warning up front, you may want to run in another bloggers direction.
Okay, with that out of the way, this day has sucked from the moment I got up. There were THREE piles of diarrhea in the living room. Out of the three dogs, I've got it narrowed down to two. After walking Marko out to his truck (morning ritual) I came back in and started cleaning up the mess in the living room. Took awhile, nasty stuff. Got on the computer to find an email from Parent Connect (a great system that the school districts have that put the teachers grades directly into their system and alerts parents to any failing grades or assignments that haven't been turned in) that Charlie had 2 assignments not turned in and 3 failing assignments in two different classes. Oh boy, lucky for Charlie he was still asleep. By the time it was time to get him up, I'd calmed down a bit. A bit. When I woke him up, I told him about my email and he says...'Oh yeah, did I forget to tell you that I lost my art's supplies?' If you read my posts, this might ring a bell. His art's supplies were a mandatory purchase from an art supply shop and cost $60. He goes on to tell me he's not been able to find them since he took them to school...2 weeks ago! I feel that calm slipping away. Because Charlie told us last night that he had also lost the wrestling shoes we'd bought for him last week...before he even got them to wrestling class. He thinks he left them in his first period class, but didn't go back to check. The kid lives, and I'm up for sainthood. I lecture, I make a note of everything he needs to do at school and take him in 30 minutes early so he can try to find these things and talk to his teachers. I'd emailed them this morning and gave them a heads up.
I come home before Casey leaves to go to school and turn my cell phone on, only to find out that my service has been disconnected. Great. Casey practically runs for the door while he hears me on the phone with Sprint. My phone was back on in less that 30 minutes. Thank you.
I get a call from Charlies art teacher telling me that his supplies are in the cabinets with all the other kids art supplies, she's looking at them as we speak, and she doesn't know why he thinks he lost them and hasn't been using them for the last 2 weeks. Oh Charlie...darlin'.
I go outside to get in my car to get a few groceries (yeah, 4th time in a week) and see that the trash had been picked up and the bag holding all those foam peanuts that had been in the box with Katy's painting this week, had busted and were up and down both sides of my street. So, I put groceries on hold and spend about 45 minutes picking these little suckers up as the wind is blowing them out of my reach like life is having a great time laughing at me. Paranoid? Yeah, so??
I'm at the grocery store and get a call from Charlie that he saw this kid walking around the school carrying the sack he'd taken his wrestling shoes to school in, and when he confronted the kid, the kid denied they were Charlies. But since it was a Target bag with his wrestling shoes (from Academy) in the bag, Charlie took it away from the kid and walked away. Any fists thrown? I ask him, he tells me no and to not worry about that. But, he says, he did forget to take any clothes for wrestling and he needs me to bring up some athletic shorts and a tee shirt. Thanks, I was wondering what else I could do today. So, after dropping groceries off and finding him his clothes, I take them to school. When I get home I walk inside, carrying a 25 lb. box of cat litter that I'd left in the trunk, and as I step inside the door on the rug I go sliding across my entry way feeling something warm and thick coating my leg. Vomit. I kid you not. (I've got it narrowed down this time to 3 dogs and 3 cats...so actually, I don't have a clue) I pick myself up and clean myself off, take the rug outside and hose it down, wash it off and hang it up. Going back inside I call my husband and ask him if he's too busy to hear me whine. Great guy...he listens.
After we hang up I fix myself something to eat. Sitting down on the couch and finding something on tv to watch while I eat, I hear this gut wrenching familiar sound behind me. One of my dogs had vomited by the back door, on another rug. (So, now I pretty much have it narrowed down to one dog) Thank you, and here I was beginning to relax, what an idiot. So, putting my food on the counter, I take that rug outside, hose it down, wash it off and hang it up. I go back inside to see (and I promise you this is the absolute truth) 2 piles of diarrhea in the living room. I cleaned those up, threw my food away, vacuumed, swept and picked up the house and sit outside for 10 minutes until it's time for me to pick Charlie up from school.
The good news for the day is that Charlie now has both his art supplies and his wrestling shoes again. (This is a $120 save for Charlie, because he was going to reimburse us if we had to buy these things again) He is, however, grounded for a week with no tv, phone, radio or guitar. He is to spend all of this time getting caught up on homework, studying and maybe reflecting on what he could have done differently.
I'd wanted to post about what I'd read on The Humanity Critic's blog today (http://nappydiatribe.blogspot.com/), but I'll wait and do it tomorrow. I'm just plain cranky today. Yeah, I know...I hide it well. :) Besides, Casey just got home and said that his front right tire is flat and won't hold air. Is it too early for bed?


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home