.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, September 15, 2005

"Wanted - Biology Teacher"

I worked at the Freshman Center today, subbed in Biology for a teacher that just 'quit'. The thing is, I've been trying to email this guy for a week because of his not showing up for Charlie's tutoring. He told me last week that Charlie needed to come in to make up some lab work. So, I've been taking Charlie in early every day and the teacher just never shows up. Apparently yesterday he decided not to teach anymore and quit. This is a young guy...early to mid 20's. I can't imagine the kids putting him through so much hell that he just quits 6 weeks into the school year. Regardless, there I am trying to sort through about 3 weeks of students work that he didn't grade or file. Fun. One of the biology teachers told me that my last class of the day was known for being trouble...okay...no problem. I've been known as trouble myself occasionally. I read the notes from previous subs and there were some really hostile comments about this class. Hmmmm. Know what? I loved this class. Was my favorite of the day. Just goes to show you. They asked me to take his classes again tomorrow. I hope they get a good biology teacher for these kids soon, because they're not getting what they need from me. Well...except for getting someone who doesn't see them as satan's spawn.
Casey had a game tonight. They lost, but it was very close and it was an excellent game. Casey played an awesome game. We were so proud of him. It's hard when they lose, I just hope he knows that he did the best he could. Sometimes teenagers can carry the weight of the world on their shoulders...I wouldn't be that age again for anything.
Thanks for the kind words and concern for Mark. He is feeling much better today. He's stiff and feels a little worn down, but other than that (and his being a bit confused) he's feeling better. He came in this morning after getting dressed and he was in a 'casual Friday' attire. I mentioned it was Thursday, and he went back to change. A few things like that have happened, and it's not like Mark. But he said it was one of the side effects they warned him about.
Well, I need to catch up on my favorite blogs and get myself off to bed. Tomorrow is a school day. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you prefer to sub or would you rather the full time position of teaching? Since I see there is a position open now.

10:10 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

lol, I'm doing what I want to do, thanks. Full time = every day. Subbing = work when I want to.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thats cool...nothing like free time.

8:19 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Just because I'm not 'working' doesn't mean I've got my hands full of free time. But...I do have more than if I were working full time. :) Bet I've got more than you...nah nah na na nah, lol.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

When I was in school, I absolutley loved my substitute teachers. Sort of like the difference between Mom and Grandma!

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
»

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home