.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, September 08, 2006

What's new at the Bratcher home?

Well, let's update before the weekend.

Charlie is still sick. Yup, felt pretty bad all week. I had his yearly meeting with his advisors and instructors at his school yesterday, and the kid looked like he could barely stand. Still coughing up all this nasty stuff and just feels bad. So, he's home again today and we have a 1:45 Dr's appointment. Oh, for breakfast...he had chicken noodle soup. Yeah, he feels bad.

Butchie got sick. She quit eating, she started sneezing, her eyes and nose started running and she just slept. I took her to the vet, which wasn't comfortable for me because the last time there was when I put Itty Bitty down and brought Butchie home. Taking her temperature at the vets office wasn't fun. They should make those ear kind of thermometers for animals, too. Just seems humane to me. Anyway, my little 1 pound 14 ounce kitten has an upper respiratory infection, which they say is common for a kitten so young. They started her on antibiotics and she's already back to her normal self, chasing everything that moves and wanting all the love and affection she can get.

I don't know if y'all remember this about me or not, but I've always had a sleep disorder. Lately my doctor put me back on ambien, which is helping. Last night, after I took it, I was watching episodes 6-9 of Disk 2 for Grey's Anatomy (you're a witch, Lisa). When I shut off the dvd player, it somehow messed up my t.v. and dvr. I started messing with the wires and cables...such a big no no for me. This started around 10:30 p.m. At 3:30 a.m. I finally get my tv and dvr working again. All this while fighting the effects of my sleeping aid. I was a wreck, and I don't know how I didn't electrocute myself. The final result, my dvd player is now in the guest/junk room, but at least my tv and cable are up and running. So, with about 2 hours sleep, I've seen Charlie up, fed and back to bed, called the doctor, got a dropper of antibiotics down a kitten who fights back like a little hellion, talked to Casey and heard about his homecoming date for next week (big smile here) and got a big hug from him as he left for school.

That just about covers it for me...I'm off to bed until it's time to get Charlie to the doctor. Big hugs and lots of love to y'all.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Glad Butchie is feeling better!

Witch is better than the last thing you called me. Now that you've murdered your DVD player you have to drive to my house to finish watching....hehehe Or just go by a new DVD player, but since you like to do everything the hard way......

Kathi hun...just step away from the electronics....

1:45 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

Get some sleep! Hope everyone in your house feels better! Make sure to tkae some airborne so you and Casey stay healthy and don't get Charlie's bug...

2:58 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Wow girl. I hope you got some sleep and that everyone is feeling better in your house. Hope you have a great weekend hon.

3:11 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lisa ~ lol, darlin, I have 3 other dvd players in other rooms of the house. Oh, and I called you that on your blog...that's the difference. :)

huneeb ~ I never thought about airbourne. Wonder if it's too late, Charlie has been sick a week tomorrow.

kidd ~ woke up about 20 minutes before the dr. appt., but made it. Now...back to bed. :) Thanks for caring.

3:47 PM  
Blogger ~ Amanda X&O said...

Less than 2 pounds? She is so tiny!!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

I sure hope you get caught up on the sleep... and Charlie and adorable little Butchie are all better soon!
Have a great weekend!

10:34 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

Kathi it is never too late, I've enen taken it when I do get sick and I don't stay sick as long as everyone else! Take it you will be glad you did!

11:01 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I sure hope Charlie feels better!!!

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home