.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Our Weekend

Okay, no kitten pictures...as hard as it is not to put them up, because I'm telling you, little Butchie is the sweetest thing ever!

Casey had a football game at SMU campus on Saturday and they had a great game, but lost by a point. I hear it was a good game, because I didn't go. Charlie started running fever and vomiting Saturday. He kept it up the better part of the weekend.
He did feel better Sunday, and the boys and I went bowling Sunday night. My kids can not bowl. It was hysterical. They'd turn their back to the alley and bowl between their legs. Once they just dropped the ball to see how long it would take it to get to the pins. As funny as they were, there were times I'd could have slapped them silly. Wouldn't have taken much. After two games, I think Caseys high score was 30 something and Charlies was maybe a 70.
Monday, Charlie started feeling worse again. More vomiting and fever. By Monday night, he was feeling better, again.
I was working today, and I'd been at work for about 1/2 an hour (around 8:30), when Charlie called me and told me he'd gotten sick twice since I'd left and missed his ride to school. He felt really bad.
I'm so thankful for Casey. Casey got up (not having to be to school until 11 a.m.) ran him to the doctor, took him to the pharmacy and then bought him some 7-Up, crackers and chicken noodle soup. He brought Charlie back home and got him settled in, then got ready for school himself.
Do I have the best kids in the world? Charlie has some virus or bug, and the Dr. gave him something for nausea. He's taking some Claritan to dry up the stuff draining down his throat and into his stomach. He's feeling a bit better, again. Hopefully he'll be back at school tomorrow.
That, darlins', was my Labor Day weekend. Not the best one ever, but we made the best of it and that's not hard to do when you've got the best around you. I'm blessed.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! What a cute kitten! I like your site. Visit mine and let me know what you think. I am new to blogging as well! Have a great evening.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What I want to know is how Charlie made Josh sick, who then gave it to me.

You've got some 'splainin' to do missy.

Hope Charlies feeling better. Casey was a sweetheart. :-)

BTW....you can see the video now..I changed it. Just for you. :-)

8:40 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

i keep wanting to call her imp...

as for bowling? i bowl EXACTLY like your boys... my shoulder quits after one game or two and then i play one right handed and then that shoulder quits and then the granny bowling starts.

we used to do something where we had to follow the leader... we called it silly bowling and it's ONLY appropriate for bowling alleys that serve alcohol and aren't for 'serious bowling only' or they get a little offended.

but lord is it silly fun!

also? casey rocked the house.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Charlie got sick, and yes you do have the best boys! Hope Charlie gets to feeling better...love ya'll :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

OH poor thing Charlie, that is no fun! And yes you do have wonderful kids! Fell better Charlie

11:16 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

I always love to hear about you and your boys... all that love you share just makes me HAPPY!
I love my son to the max... and he gives me such joy.
It is so wonderful to hear of the joy you have with your boys.
They are the Best!
and how blessed you are!

Funny bolwing story!
Hope Charlie is all better real soon!
Have a wonderful day!
Huggggz!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Dizzie said...

You have nothing more then you deserve, Kathi, and that is great kids!

Too bad he didn't win - I should stoop to the plattitude saying "it's not the winning, it's how you play the game", but let's face it, I'm a terrible loser myself, so I wont force plattitudes on anybody else... :)

The kitten is ADORABLE! I LOVE cats! I swear, they are the reason why I never worry I'm single when everybody around me freak out - may I never get married, I can still be the crazy cat-lady living on the hill! ;)

MORE PIC!

1:09 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I'm stunned! Casey took care of Charlie, and you didn't have to miss work. Amazing, but then, YOU raised them :) (Dividends rock, dear kathi LOL) Good job. Hope Charlie feels better!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

You are blessed, but you need another kitten.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I hope Charlie feels better. Give him lots and lots of love! :) And drink plenty of water to get that crap in his throat down. I had that a while ago and it sucks.

As far as bowling, I'm a gutter girl! A few beers, and I'm not so bad---go figure! You wouldn't want to have me on your team though!

Thanks for holding back on the kitty pics! (haha--just kidding!)

Well.

1:50 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

onemargaret ~ hey, thanks for stopping by. I'll come by to visit you.

lisa ~ yeah, blame it on my...I'm getting use to it!! My shoulders just keep getting stronger and stronger! I AM sorry to hear y'all are sick tho. And, I've been to watch the video and cried, thank you very much.

Sass ~ I can so see you silly bowling, too funny! I've gotten really use to 'butchie', except we do call her 'little one' a lot, she's soooo tiny! You should see her just sit and refuse to get outta the way of a 90 lb dog. Oh, I'm so glad your cat came home!

nikki ~ yup, he's feeling better, went to school and over at a friends now. Thanks for caring sweetie!

hunneb ~ ditto nikki. Thanks so much for caring!! Thanks for the kind words!

samuru999 ~ We're so blessed, yes?

heart ~ you and I both, the crazy old cat ladies!

dabich ~ what a nice thing to say! What a great way to think of it, thanks!

tom ~ you think so? Send me a $100 and I'll get me one. :)

deb ~ Ohhhhh, so you're where he got it from?? Shoulda known. LOL. Yeah, I think you'd be fun to bowl with. The boys could have cared less what the score was, they were seeing who could make the other laugh harder.
Oh, and I'll e you some kitty pics since you love them so. :)

4:53 PM  
Blogger BigBill said...

That excellent that they take care of each other... You are truelly blessed.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home