.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, July 24, 2006

Blessings in disguise

Just a quick note. Life is good at the Bratcher home...or maybe that should be the 'McIntire Bratcher' home now. Casey and I are about to leave for his athletic physical, so I'm short on time, but wanted to tell you all that we're good.
I had my new stove and refrigerator delivered this weekend and am thrilled with both. The stove, however, did not work and I had to hire an electrician because Home Depot said my wiring wasn't 'strong' enough for the stove. As it turns out, the crew delivering my stove from Home Depot had reversed the wiring when they put the cord on and it was their fault. My electrician documented it though and I'll be turning that bill in to Home Depot.
But, the blessing was the electrician was this sweet guy that was a retired judge from the county I live in (and an ex cop) who is doing this now just to stay busy because apparently you can retire early (after 20 years) from his job. He was a great guy that gave me some great advice and I really appreciated him. So, see...blessings in disguise.
Okay, enough...gotta run. Back later and hugs to each and everyone of you.

17 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

So...is electritian man cute? Just asking...

Seriously..I am so happy that you sound so upbeat!

11:23 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

anne ~ darlin, even if he had been, I'd not have noticed. Seriously, just not there yet. :) But thanks for being happy for me, love ya sugar!

12:31 PM  
Blogger ~ Amanda X&O said...

Anne took my comment! No fair.


Understood Kathi, hang in there honey.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hugs right back at ya!!

Abi

4:34 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

I am so glad to hear you are doing OK right now hon. ((hug)) Know that we are thinking of you babe.

4:36 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

;) Just wanted to stop in and check on ya; I am glad to hear that things are getting easier 'round your parts.

Sometimes the most random people in our lives play such key roles and really are blessings in disguise :) I am glad that you have been given one.

*hug*

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep rollin' sista!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

So glad to hear that life is
good at your place.
I had a great trip.
Come by and visit when you can.
Keep your positive attitude...
you are doing so great.
Take care.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm in disguise as a middle-aged fat chick when I'm really a young tall leggy blonde.....does that mean I'm a blessing?

*grin*

12:11 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

amanda ~ I figured it was yours when she said it, LOL. Hangin!

abi ~ love you darlin.

kidd ~ thank you, big hug!

huneeb ~ thanks, me too!

wes ~ gotta keep on rollin...what else would I do? :)

samuru999 ~ you're home, huh. Be by soon!


lisa ~ wake up babe, you're dreaming. AND, yes, you are a blessing to me!

12:44 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

you know i describe my accident as the most horrible positive experience of my life... and that's just how you sound too.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Dizzie said...

God looks after us. In so many different ways.
You're doing good. Keep it up! Thinking of you

1:25 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Glad things are well...

7:01 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I truly believe that God puts 'real angels' in our lives to learn something valuable. This happens a lot when we're at our lowest points.

God bless Kath! Love you! xxoo





P.S. Was he cute?

8:57 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

LOL... bet he was cute ;)

I'm glad you're hangin in there!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home