.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Birthday Pictures


































Charlie and I took Casey to IHOP for his birthday breakfast, where we gave him our gifts and cards...and I took noise makers. :) The staff all came and sang happy b'day to him and gave him a brownie with ice cream. People stopped on their way out to wish him happy b'day. Good time. :)

Casey's favorite cake is red velvet (same as Charlies, and same as their dad). When I told him I wanted to make him one a couple of days ago, he said if I was going to make it rather than buy it that he'd really rather make it himself. *Note: I am determined to learn how to cook. So, after breakfast, we shopped for a cake and couldn't find a 2 layer, so I bought 2 single layer cakes, came home and put them on top of one another. Well, great idea in theory, however the side icing on the top one fell off, so I bought some cream cheese icing and sort of 're-did' the cake.

Mark came by to bring Casey his gift and card from him and he had cake with us. It wasn't uncomfortable, so we're all adjusting and I'm happy about that. I'm grateful that Casey told him he could come by for his birthday, that is a big step for him.

The church called and asked if Casey could come by tonight to help with taking down the things they'd built for Vacation Bible School. I talked to the church later and they told me they knew it was his birthday and was having cake for him. That thrilled me. He'll be so surprised, and humbled by it too.

All in all, a good day. Thank you all so very much for all the birthday wishes for Casey. I'm going to have him read them when he comes home. Y'all are like family to me, and I'm so grateful for you all.

21 Comments:

Blogger Margie said...

So glad you all had such a good
day... the pictures are great!
xxxx

7:04 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

Nice to hear it was a good day....and good pics!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Great pics !!! Becca says "hubba hubba"

Yeah, ok, she didn't really say that. She was way more cool and nonchalant, but she wanted to know "who's that" and then I got a "hmmmmm". And THEN she asked " How old's Casey?" Then it seemed to take an inordinately long time for her to quit starting at the scren. Which is the teen version of "hubba hubba".

9:31 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

You have two very hansome sons Kathi! If only they were a little older... :)

I am glad to hear that there was some healing with Mark and Casey, inviting him is a big step.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures friggin' RULE!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Dizzie said...

HUGE Happy Birthday for Casey!

But, honey, if even he tells you not to cook, you really shouldn't cook... kids usually sugarcoat those things not to hurt your feelings, and if he felt the urge to tell you to BUY a cake... well, let's put it this way: if you ever invite me over for dinner, let's hope it's catered! :)

I'm not knocking down on you - I suck at cooking as well! I can do two things: apple pie and lasagna, but most often, you can't tell them apart... :D

1:56 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

OOh..he's sooo handsome :)

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, he is has grown up so much and looks so much like Mark too!! Tell him to not have all those girls chasing him down the street...lol :) Glad he had a wonderful birthday, almost 18...I remember those days, I wish I was 18 again, ok sometimes, not all the time.

XOXO

Abi ;)

7:43 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

happy belated birthday to the kiddo :)

8:13 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

samuru999 ~ thanks and...thanks. :)

mike ~ thanks darlin, appreciate it.

lisa ~ well, sugar, if they could get along as well as we do, we could arrange something. :)

huneeb ~ hey, they might like older women, never know. :) Yeah, I agree...big step.

wes ~ you've got such a way with words, LOL. Hugs!

heart ~ girl, you sure know how to tell me like it is, and you make me laugh doing it. You've got the gift, darlin. Too funny.

dabich ~ thank you. :) I tend to agree.

abi ~ sweetie, when you were 18 you wanted to be the age you are now. Life. Yeah, he does look a lot like Mark.

dzer ~ hey sweetie...thanks!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad he had a good birthday. That's so sweet of the people at your church.

That's what I miss most about our old church - Knowing people, and them knowing us. I know that everyone at our new church would care if I had things going on that I needed to talk about, but it's a little different when you need to introduce yourself before you can talk to them!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Cute kid Kathi! But I guess he isnt so much a kid huh? Thanks for sharing pictures..

And I am laughing pretty hard about that cake. Totally something that I would do..

9:28 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I meant to say kids. Plural. Let me start over:

Wow Kathi. You have very handsome sons.

much better.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Dizzie said...

Today I felt like somebody had chewed me up and spat me out. Not a good day for cheering up people - but I guess it's a gift that sticks with me! ;)

For info, check my blog, the post "Bad day". And please, try to talk me out of it...!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

How adorable these pictures are! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!

And what exactly is in red velvet cake? Why is it red? Is it food coloring? Never understood it...never tried it. Madelene loves it!

I'm sure the cake turned out fine---tipsy and all! ;)

Too cute y'all are. (see? I got the southern twAng kickin' in!)

9:38 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 carnations ~ I understand completely. I've not met anyone at our church and we've been going since the first day they opened the doors, over a year. Casey, though, volunteers and is a real people person. Me...not so much.

anne ~ lol, you're so silly. And yeah...the cake does sound like you, doesn't it? LOL.

heart ~ read it, and you amaze me at how much responsibility you willing take on. Proud of you.

deb ~ I have no idea what's in it, made it years ago and can't remember, surely it's red food coloring. Yup, gonna teach you how to talk southern yet. LOVE YOU.

9:58 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Dang it. Sorry I'm late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!

I hope he had a great day. It sounds like he did.

10:37 AM  
Blogger ~ Amanda X&O said...

Sounds like he had a great birthday. I love that pic of him blowing out the candle, he looks so silly.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOL Kathi....do you think we should ask them first?


nawwwwwwwwwww

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey where's Charlies picture?

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Casey!! Gosh I feel old!!!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home