.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, August 01, 2005

Family...Friends

The boys and I had lunch today at Applebees. This is their last week before school starts, and I think there is a definite possibility that I'm going to miss them. I sat across the table from both of them this afternoon and just stared in awe of the two of them. When did they grow up so much?
First there is Casey, now driving and will be a junior in high school. The kid is so unbelievably dependable. Every morning he drives himself to football and straight home after. I've never told him to come straight home...but he always does. He recently had his first
heart break, and that is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to go through with him. I remember how young love hurts.
Next I have Charlie. Charlie will be a freshman. I've never known anyone with more personality, trying so hard to find his place in the world. He heard the term 'march to your own drummer' and took off running instead. Sometimes it gets him into trouble, but his dad and I always try to understand why. The top picture was Casey's first day of kindergarten. Charlie and I dropped him off in a room full of new faces and an adorable teacher. But...I'm a mom, and my emotions must have been apparent, to Charlie anyway. Charlie squeezed my hand and said "Don't worry mom, we'll get him back". I'll never forget it. That is one of my favorite 'Charlie stories'. It's classic Charlie.
So, now, here I am with 2 kids over 6 ft. tall, both in high school, one of them driving, and I still see two little boys. My boys, and (thank you Jesus) my best friends.

My friend, Terri, and I spent the afternoon boxing and addressing packages for anysoldier.com. We are so blessed to be able to contribute to this program, it's such a wonderful feeling to help...even if it's in a small way. And to top it off, my friend Katy in Ohio called me as I was taping up a box to tell me how her home is turning into a warehouse from all the stock she has for anysoldier.com. And better still...she heard about anysoldier.com from this blog. Remember that 'wonderful feeling' I mentioned before? Insert it here too. :)

To tidy up this post for today, life is good and I am blessed.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe the boys are that tall! "Pop" would have been overwhelmed now being in their shadow!

I was impressed with your project for the service men and women but you have always been a person who thought of those less privileged or exceptional in a way, such as serving our Country.

2:31 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Thanks Pat. As usual, I love how you only seem to see the good in me.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
»

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home