.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Best chocolate cake

Casey picked his birthday cake from Krogers. It was what they call Triple Chocolate Cake. First, it's a huge cake...could serve a small town or two days in the Bratcher home. :) It is absolutely wonderful, everyone that has had it nearly melts as they eat it.
All in all, a great birthday. Got his license, we took him to Abulelo's (his favorite restaurant) and had a cake to die for.
Later, I'll have to write about how he nearly didn't pass the eye exam at the DMV, with his glasses ON. And that is why we're on our way to the eye doctor now.
Update: Yesterday at the DMV when he had to take his eye exam to get his license...he put on his glasses and read the line he was instructed to. The DMV clerk looked at him for a second, maybe two, and said "Try it again, and I'll tell you now...it's all numbers. There are no letters in it" Casey tried a second time and the clerk said "keep going", so Casey went back and tried it again. When he finished, the clerk said "there are two more numbers". Casey finally finished it and I said to him "Eye Doctor...TOMORROW". The clerk laughed and said it was barely enough, but with us taking him to get his prescription updated she passed him. Casey denies needing any glasses what so ever. He's pretty sure of it, lol. So, today the eye doctor said he definitely needs new ones and we're getting him contacts this time. He's not happy, but at least he'll be able to see while he's unhappy. :) He goes to class tomorrow to learn how to wear them. And Monday he get's his wisdom teeth pulled. Hope growing up is all he hoped it would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home