.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Migraine Saturday

Woke up this morning with a migraine...what a pain in the butt, and I'm being nice there. I've had migraines since around 9 or 10 years old. My mom had them, maybe genetic. Sometimes I've had them for up to four days. The last couple of years I've not had them as often as I use to, but it seems this summer they're occurring more. Maybe it's the heat, I don't know. Sooo...today's pretty much been a bust.

Got the car out of the shop around noon. Thought Marko was going to pass out when they told him the cost...$600 for the horn to make sound once again. Sounds great though, lol. They said it was lucky the air bag hadn't gone off in my face too, the coil for it was completely worn. No idea what that means, but whatever. Then we hit the grocery store, all four of us. It's fun shopping with the whole family. After we got home I headed to bed with some pain meds. After about 6 hours, I'm feeling some relief but not a lot. The guys went to help move again and so the house has been quiet, which I'm sure has helped. And...Trouble (my kitten) curled up next to me and purred me to sleep when I couldn't quit grinding my teeth from the pain. Love that cat. The name, Trouble...it's a story. I've got 3 cats, Trouble the latest. Marko had told me 'NO MORE CATS'. We've always had more animals than room...normally 3 cats and 3 dogs is the norm for us. So...when I came across Trouble at the vet's office while I was there taking Porter (our chocolate lab) in for shots, I fell in love with him. Mainly because he was the only one out of the litter that someone had dropped off that wanted to play with Porter through the kittens cage. A couple of days later while I was BACK at the vet taking a cat in for a urine infection...(see a pattern here? yeah, well, guess it's easy to take Marks side, huh?) and Trouble was still there. He was kind of the runt and no one had taken him home yet. I brought him home, and Mark didn't talk to me for about 3 weeks. I knew pretty much that was how it would be before I left the vet's office, so I named him Trouble right after I said I'd take him. And now...everyone including Marko, absolutely adores this cat. He plays with the dogs as much as the cats, he just doesn't realize that he doesn't weigh 70-80 lbs too.
The guys are home with Long John Silvers...men with food. What's better than that?


Anonymous Pat said...

So sorry you have those terrible migraines - you know about my MB and the same story as yours. I pray they learn even more ways to deal with them and s o o n !!!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home