.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

When we bless others, we're blessed.

If you've ever given freely, expecting nothing in return, you'll know what I mean by being blessed in return. It's just the cycle of life, the cycle of love. Sadly, when you give expecting something in return, it's not giving...it's trading. Okay now, with that said I want to share something that has blessed me so much and I hope that some of you will feel led to give freely.
There is a site: www.anysoldier.com that is truly amazing. Someone told me, when they told me about this site, to be careful because it was addicting. I laughed...how naive I was. :) This is a site where soldiers write to let us know what their unit can use. They also update their situations and send pictures. I thought that our military would provide for all their needs over seas. Again...naive. One of the things I read over and over that is wanted in Iraq, Afghanistan...is baby wipes. How simple is that? Imagine... And the bugs, sand fleas...so they ask for bug spray and wipes as well. And drink powders. Imagine nothing but plain water...EVER. How about a bag of store bought cookies maybe, a bag of sweet tarts. Or maybe a cd to listen to in the tent. What I just went through is maybe a $30 purchase at Walmart, or better yet Sams, or Big Lots. To our men and women...A BLESSING!!!! And so many of our military have NO ONE over here sending them anything at all. Imagine seeing all around you receiving packages every couple of weeks when they finally do get mail...and you get nothing...again and again and again. www.anysoldier.com These packages go to the men and women that never or rarely receive anything, for whatever reason. Or some units put the bulk packages on a community table and it's like Christmas!
NOT TO WORRY ABOUT POSTAGE! Ask at the post office for a FLAT RATE BOX. It costs $7.70 and you can send up to 70 lbs. in it.
The heat is 120 + (PLUS) and they are often in hot vehicles under 50 lbs + (PLUS) of heavy body armor. And when they're not in a vehicle, they're in the sun...there is rarely shade! Something that has been a big hit is the misty mate to help cool them off. www.coolourtroops.com
If you're led to bless our men and women in the military, please visit www.anysoldier.com and read their stories. You can choose whom you'd like to bless...man, woman, army, navy, air force, marine... REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU FEEL PERSONALLY ABOUT WAR OR THE MILITARY...THEY ARE STILL THERE NEEDING YOU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home