.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Today's Quote 08/21/05

Today's quote is from:
John Upperman
Captain, U.S. Army

It's a section of his blog (
http://uppermansblog.blogspot.com/) that is such a reality check, I couldn't NOT use it. It's his first entry on his blog since his return to Iraq from two weeks at home for R&R. Besides, he told me I could use it. Thanks John.

We purposed ourselves not to get "stressed out" by trying to do too much. This was not a contest to see how much we could cram into two weeks. It was an opportunity for me to recharge my batteries and spend time with my family.
The time went by at a pleasant pace and I soaked in every moment. Nothing was too little to appreciate. There are so many things I could talk about, but something as simple as watching my three year old son get into the kitchen pantry and pick out his "bweakfust" was amazing and amusing to me. My biggest daily task, above anything else, was to tell my wife how beautiful she is and how much I love her, and to hug each one of my kids. When friends had us over for dinner or took us out to eat I made it a point to tell them how much I appreciate their friendship (I don't think I've ever done that before). I made it a point to talk with my neighbors and not be in such a hurry to get back into the house.
Those are the things I remember the most. It's not the trip to Sea World...it's the laughter while you're there and seeing the amazement in a little boy's face. It's not the dining out, it's the conversation you share. This deployment has taught me that it's the little things in life that make it worth living.
It's all just a matter of perspective.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, cool blog by the way.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home