.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, August 13, 2005

It's a big deal

I woke up this morning with a headache. I get them too often, no big deal. Fortunately, my family is a fully functioning unit on it's own...so no big deal. I wrapped up everything I needed to do, and then some, took some pain meds and went to bed, no big deal. I woke up around 7'ish and Mark is on a bike ride, Charlie is downloading songs on the computer and Casey...wait...no Casey? Charlie tells me that Casey went to the movies with some friends. What movie? Don't know. What friends? Don't know. I checked the driveway to see if there is a car gone, and yup...one is gone. Okay...I wait for Mark to come home and I ask him a couple easy questions. What movie did Casey go see? Don't know. Who went with him? Don't know. This 6'1" kid is still a kid...16 is still a kid. Is he more of a kid to me than to his dad simply because I'm a mom? Mark said he's just glad that he got out of the house and got together with some friends for a change (he can be a bit of a home body sometimes), and after all...it's Saturday night. Sixteen is still young enough to be accountable, even if they are an extremely responsible sixteen year old. So...apparently when I think things are 'no big deal'...I need to keep my eyes open.

Update - Casey went to see Deuce Bigalow with four girls from school. Poor guy. LOL Needless to say, he enjoyed himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home