.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

2010

The boys tell me that tomorrow should be the first real day of classes. They've spent the last three days getting to know students and teachers. I'm just hoping that we're done with the supply lists. Every day so far, more lists have come home and frankly...I'm tired of the crowded aisles of Staples and Wal-mart. FYI, Staples is cheaper by far and easier to find supplies.
I am surprised by the art classes they're taking. Casey's is at the high school and Charlie's is at the freshman center, but they're both required to purchase art kits from an art supply store, which I bought today. $70 for one and $60 for the other. Is that unheard of? Jeeze, it's a one semester class. That's more than both of their school supplies together. We're fortunate here that we don't have to buy their books or pay rental fee's. I know that some states do, so...I should hush my complaining, huh? I just don't get the major bucks for art supply kits for a high school class, whine...whine...whine.

Casey is doing great driving. Every morning when I watch him drive off, I feel so proud of him. I was thinking today that he'll be graduating in less than two years. How is that possible? I'll soon be watching him walk across a stage in his cap and gown with flashes going off all around us. 2007 then 2009. In 2010 we'll be empty nesters... It's funny. You know how your kids can seem to not need you whatsoever until you are behind a locked door. Never fails. And age just doesn't matter. When they were babies, I'd want to hire a babysitter just to use the bathroom or take a bath in peace. Oh, how I'd long for just a few minutes of alone time. Now isn't really that much different. And, being the lone female in a house of males, sometimes they just don't get the need for privacy. If a door isn't locked, it'll be opened. Every single time. Kinda get tired of always needing to shut and lock a door to have a moment of privacy. Wonder if that'll be something I miss in 2010... Nah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home