.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Rewards of volunteering

I've mentioned Charlie's volunteering at the library this summer. We've been so proud of him for doing it. None of his friends volunteered, he did it all on his own. He signed up for every teen volunteer job they had. He never once complained or tried to get out of going. So...tonight was the night we wanted to show him how proud of him we are. We took him to his favorite restaurant, which I couldn't begin to spell. I can tell you it's steak, seafood and sushi. Charlie loves sushi. I guess I'm a food wimp, I don't eat any meat but seafood. An occasional turkey breast at the holidays...that's about it. And...I don't like utensils that's touched meat to touch mine. So this was a huge deal for me. They cooked the shrimp on the grill with the steak and chicken and used the same utensil. Marko didn't think I'd eat it. But, well, it was Charlies dinner so I kind of hated to not eat it. Gotta tell you, it was good. I also tried saki for the first time. I didn't like it at all...but I did drink it all. :)
As stuffed as we all were, leaving the restaurant we saw a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...and decided to just stop by for a visit. A short visit. A $30, but wonderful, chocolate visit. The whole night was a very good time, thanks for volunteering Charlie.