.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My Husband

I completely adore my family. Far from perfect, and far from not. I've so much to be grateful for, as my friends constantly remind me. I know I write about the boys, but hey...look at them! :) I try not to get too personal about them on my blog because, well, they already think I tell too much. They disagree with everything I write about them, but I write as I see it. However, I haven't written much about my husband. There is a reason for that as well. He's even more private than my boys, and he occasionally reads my blog and I'd never want to invade his privacy. Well...I don't mind invading it but I wouldn't want for anyone else to do it. I asked him last night if I could write about him, and he has given me his permission to share..."as long as it doesn't get too personal". I get a lot of emails from friends and family that I don't see regularly asking about Mark, so with his permission, I'll write about my Marko.

Mark and I found each other in Bible College in 1984 and married two weeks after we met. I got very lucky, Mark...not so much. But that's another story. Shortly after we married we decided to donate blood together, and found out by doing so that Mark had hepatitis C. We were young, not so bright, and pretty much broke as well. We never went to the doctor, and in all honestly, didn't have much of a clue as to what hepatitis C was. We have no idea how long he'd had it or how he'd gotten it. Neither of us were angels before we met, but Mark had a life threatening condition when he was born and was given a complete blood transfusion. So for all anyone can guess, he may have always had it. He's had blood tests for life insurance and minor surgeries in the past 20 years, but nothing was ever mentioned about it showing up in tests so we let it slide in the scheme of things called our life.
Last year during a physical, it may have been Marks first volunteered physical, the hepatitis C raised it's ugly head and we were faced to deal with it. Since that time, Mark has had to go through test after test, a liver biopsy and taking medication, all in an effort just to get him ready for treatment. He will be taking part in a study treatment for the Liver Institute in Dallas. Mark rarely complains, though I wish sometimes he would rather than hold everything in, but he buckled down and has gotten himself braced for whatever he is going to need to go through. He is in a stage 4, which isn't good but it could be worse. I believe the last stage would be stage 5. There is a good chance of recovery for Mark, and that's what we're believing for. He started working out, seriously working out, and lost a good 30 lbs. He's more fit than when I met him...and he was fit then, trust me. There are some serious side effects to the treatment that he'll be undergoing and he's taking what precautions he can now to make those as minimal as possible. He's a good man, and I love him very much. I'm glad that he's let me share this here, and I'll keep it updated.
Thanks to all my friends and family who ask about him and thank you for your prayers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home