.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, August 08, 2005

1st Day Back

School started today, yup, that bright light you see is my smile. I drove Charlie and a friend to school at about 7:40 and joined the double lane road of parents barely moving to drop kids off at the freshman center. Charlie and Luis, like most kids, were getting out of the car and walking, leaving the parents to creep along alone till the traffic cleared a block and 20 minutes down the road.
I came home to see Casey leave for the high school (junior this year), driving himself. I waved, he smiled and life is good.
I've spent the last three hours finishing off some boxes for AnySoldier.com and I'm fixin' to head to the post office. I realize that I devote a lot of space here to the military...and to some it's not the most desired reading if you're stopping by to check in on my life. And to that, my dear friends, I say "get over it". There is so much good you can do just sitting on your butt, such as writing a 'thank you' to an anonymous soldier who would be unbelievably grateful...or sending a bag of gummi bears to someone on AnySoldier.com. If the only thing I do is motivate one to send one, then I'm a happy camper. God bless all of you whose hearts are touched by our hero's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home