.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, August 22, 2005

Feeling Blessed

I have a friend, Dale, that tells me to "feel blessed". Stumps me for a minute, because my first reaction to this is, I am blessed. But then...the word 'feel' hits me. I know that I'm blessed. I've got so many blessings that there are not enough hours in the day to count them all. Do I feel blessed? Not as much as I should. The only one who is at fault for that would be me. It's an interesting concept...to feel blessed. There are definite situations each day that make me feel blessed, i.e....reading some of the MIL blogs, watching the news, driving through some areas of town... But as 'Monk' says, "Here's the thing": I am blessed. I think anyone who has read my blog, or who knows me, could agree with me on this. For nearly half of my life I've had the greatest man for a husband. We've had kids that have never known hunger or any real sickness greater than the chicken pox. We've never been without a roof over our heads or a dependable car to drive. We've never been without friends who cared or family that loved us.
So, as much as a pain in the butt as Dale can be...and trust me, he can be, I'm really grateful for his "feel blessed" statements. Though it's not in the way he intended, he had a pearl of wisdom. Thanks Dale. I'm going to make it a point to feel blessed, because there is honestly no reason not to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home