.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Roses

Sometimes we have to just stand still; stop chasing...or stop retreating. We're not always going to be able to understand why life has taken a turn we didn't see coming. We take for granted that when it gets dark we'll be able to see the stars, but when the sun rises we forget about the stars till night falls again. Yet, the stars are not burning any less bright because we can't see them.
We're a society that believes in chasing what we want, but constant chasing can tire the soul. What if we're constantly chasing because what we're chasing isn't meant to be ours? What if we're chasing something so furiously that we don't notice what's meant to be because it's standing patiently on the sidelines of our life...waiting for us to notice it?
We've all known people that we've wondered why they couldn't be happy...or satisfied, with what they had. That to us, watching on the sidelines of their life, it seemed like they had it all, and yet they paid no attention to what they had and still chased after what they wanted. Every single cell created will perish without attention. Even the cactus, given enough time, will die without water.
I'm not a fan of the quote "Stop to smell the roses", but the reality is that our children...a spouse, a parent or sibling, a friend...are the true roses in our life. Even we, ourselves, are the roses in life, be it our own or someone elses. Without taking the time to enjoy what's already been given to us, to discover what is already there instead of always chasing what may be, what could be, we'll never be able to enjoy or appreciate the now. And the reality, my friend, is that what 'could be' is never truly attainable when you're never satisfied.

8 Comments:

Blogger -Tommy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:20 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:11 PM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:08 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:39 PM  
Blogger -Tommy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Epsilonicus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Epsilonicus said...

Kathi,

I hope you are still in some way connected to this blog. I would love to keep in touch. My email is y2gwk@hotmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home